“I'd go back”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Very attractive lobby. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Clean bathrooms. No free WiFi in the rooms but there is free WiFi in the lobby. Our room overlooked the lobby so we were able to use the lobby's WiFi. Next time we'd go for a room with a view, though. The room was a little dark/dim, it woulda been better if it was a bit brighter. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was excellent; hot breakfast, friendly staff, constantly restocked, and they were friendly about taking some food up with us, for anyone who didn't wake up in time for breakfast. The hotel is in a good location to attractions in Glendale.

I'd go back.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We were in town for the Monster Tour and wasn't disappointed in this hotel, the corner room was spacious and check in was a zip! The hotel was located in a central location and the Rose Bowl where the concert was, was only a few minutes away. The hotel was worth the price and wish we could had spent more time there.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I came not town for business at JPL and decided to stay in Glendale to have access to places to eat and activities as my wife accompanied me for my trip. The hotel is located just of the 134 highway and in a little bit of a business district area with other high rise buildings. The room we had was a corner room and was city facing ... It turned out to be pretty quiet with a somewhat decent view ... The bed and furniture was comfortable. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 is the HVAC was a bit noisy and constantly was going on and off to cool the room ... HVACs are my pet peeve as they are the culprits to not getting a good nights sleep most of the time for me.

As far as the lobby area and hotel amenities, the lobby with the fish bad turtle pond was very neat to see when you entered the hotel and riding the elevators. Making for interesting conversation to make sure the turtle were I fact real as it seemed some of them didn't move. The breakfast in the morning is nice having made to order eggs and plenty of other choices to get either the business person on their way or the leisure traveler a great start for sightseeing. We did not participate in the managers reception in the evening so I can't comment on the evening activities.

One other unfavorable note is the wifi and the policy of charging for in room access ... For an ES in Los Angeles you would figure this would be included for all guests not just the higher tiered Hilton Honors members.

Room Tip: We had room 915 ... It is a corner room so it's away from the elevators and not noisy from a tra...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was my first experience with Embassy. I normally stay at the Hilton on West Glenoaks but they were fully booked. I arrived late around 8:30pm after a 15 hour work day. I parked and went to go into the elevator to go up to the lobby. As the elevator doors were closing I threw my arm up to try to catch it but the doors kept closing! They shut on my hand. Luckily I was not hurt just alarmed. Immediately I was afraid that this was going to be a precursor to my stay. However when I made it to the front desk to check in and notify them of the incident I was pleasantly surprised. The 2 women that I spoke to were very kind and helpful and sent engineering/maintenance to check the elevator right away. They also waived my parking and upgraded my room. That alone exceeded my expectations. After I got to my room and ordered some food, one of them called me to make sure my food was good and that my hand was still feeling ok. They also let me know that engineering/ maintenance had looked into the issue. The staff here truly are amazing. I highly recommend staying with them!

Room Tip: corner suite with view of the city was beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hrdmartinez
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First, the good: staff is friendly and helpful, lobby is very attractive, rooms and common areas are clean and well-maintained.

Now, the bad: there is no free wi-fi in the rooms, which I have come to expect from most American hotels. However, unlike most establishments, this hotel not only charges for wi-fi, but they charge for wi-fi PER DEVICE. So, if you wanted to connect your laptop and your iPad to wi-fi, it would cost you $20 per day. A COMPLETE RIP-OFF.

My other chief complaint is with the room. The decor was drab and boring. Also, the air conditioning duct is positioned so that it blows directly on you, while you are in bed. Not only is this very uncomfortable for sleeping, but can also cause one to catch a cold, which is exactly what happened to my wife.

During my next business trip to Glendale, I will be staying elsewhere and I would suggest the same for other Tripadvisor readers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hewittls
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Embassy Suites at Glendale is an excellent hotel. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean and the separate living space was great for late night TV watching while not disturbing those that wanted to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Arriving tgey have valet parking or choice of self parking, tgey also offer to help carry your luggage. Rooms are clean, and looked lije a small apartment with granite countertops. Restroom was real clean it had all supplies needed for personal hygiene. They gave us complimentary drinks and breakfast which was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
#12 of 20 in Burbank
Vagabond Inn - Glendale
Vagabond Inn - Glendale
#4 of 17 in Glendale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!