“A Little Dated, But, Great Breakfast”

Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location for business or attractions. It is between the Rosebowl in Pasadena and the Los Angeles Zoo. For me the check-in staff is the face of the hotel and sets the tone. Unfortunately the gentlemen who checked us in was not in the mood to provide customer service. Other than providing our key cards, he did not take the time to go over items included in our hotel package nor any amenities at the hotel.

I had a salad and sliders for dinner. Not impressed...If I wanted dressing in a plastic packet I could have gone through a fast food drive through. While the room was larger than a standard it was dated and literally had a cobweb. After being so tired and coupled with the underwhelming reception and light dinnerr I let it go.

I will say that this hotels saving grace was the view from the room and the breakfast.
The breakfast manager and staff was fantastic. With a warm welcome and a sense of pride they took the time to speak to all of the breakfast options. From made to order stations to coffee, juice and muffins, the breakfast was fantastic. Whether for business or leisure breakfast is by far the main attraction at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed several nights at the Hilton Glendale on a business trip. It was perfectly comfortable although I found the breakfast selection a bit on the minimal side. I have to confess I don't like American style breakfasts so that probably had a lot to do with it. Everything seems so sweet and stodgy, and the low fat offerings like many in the US, feel like one is eating a chemical soup they have so many E-numbers. My room was comfy and overlooking the pool side with a great view over the mountains and the sunset. Even though it was winter, several people were swimming and the water was quite warm. The gym had good facilities and I used it every day. It is a longish but nice walk down to a shopping centre called Americana at Brand. Whilst the shops aren't that interesting, it is a nice place to sit outside around the courtyard fountain, have a coffee and people watch. I would stay again

Room Tip: Looking over the pool
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A beautiful, well-maintained facility in a good location. When we had a problem, it was readily resolved. Though we did not report it, the hallway noise was disturbing at times (sometimes late times).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here after a sporting event. Excellent for families and business/pro travelers alike. Rooms were big, beds were comfy. Views were average. But, the food/local fair was outstanding. Pool was big and not crowded. The gym was more than adequate, as well. Great place to grab a quick workout and cool down. What a great location. We will be staying here again if in town!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here very much. This was one of three hotels I stayed in during my vacation and it had the best bed. It was the one I wanted to crawl back into. We stayed on the 15th floor and the mountain view was lovely. Ate in the restaurant once and ordered room service once. Delicious and excellent quality. My only disappointment was that the hotel charges extra for a refrigerator. The parking fee could stand to be reduced a bit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Excellent hotel for business travelers. The location is convenient and the hotel staff is very accommodating. I always enjoy Hilton service, but this hotel excels within the Hilton family. If you are in Glendale, this is the hotel of choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Took FOREVER to check-in. I arrived at 6pm, and there was one woman at the front desk helping someone on the phone for so long that I left to get something I had forgotten in my car. When I got back, there were four people in front of me. Still only one person behind the desk, but at least she was off the phone. Room was fine, though there was a used bottle in the trash when I got there, but, aside from that, the place was clean. Nice, quiet room on the 7th floor, friendly employees, and a complimentary breakfast buffet - which was very good and plentiful. If you need to be anywhere in that area, be careful of the heavy traffic times on the freeway, but it's nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Glendale hotels
Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
#4 of 17 in Glendale
Hotel Brandwood
Hotel Brandwood
#8 of 17 in Glendale

Been to Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR? Share your experiences!