“best bang for buck”
Review of El Rio

El Rio
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glendale
El Rio
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Mountain View
“best bang for buck”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

El Rio provides the bare essentials, and it is a good deal based on the price. I would recommend this accommodation to those budget travels who want a certain level of comfort and cleanliness for a pretty good price. I comparison shopped around for prices, and it seemed to be one of the cheapest in that area, which is why I decided to take the risk and choose it for the night.

I rented a single bedroom with King Size bed. The building itself is a little old, but the rooms are well maintained and clean as well as pretty big. There seems to be a heater/AC unit, which I fully took advantage of. I am glad that motel had a huge parking lot for my truck, and I could look out the window to check on it. Inside the room, there were comfortable chairs and a table, a dresser and a place where I could hang my clothes. The bathroom is bare, however. It has a tub and shower; the sink area is pretty large, so I could put all my stuff on there. It seemed like a standard motel, providing the following: clean towels, little soaps and shampoo, plastic cups.

The motel offers high speed internet, but be warned, you should bring your own Ethernet cable. I forgot mine, but the office loans network cables for 10 dollars security deposit fee or something. The color television was a pretty decent size; it came with cable television, including HBO.

Within a block, there was a Ralph’s supermarket and a bunch of fast food restaurants, which was good. This motel is not for everybody though, but it’s perfect for those who want to save money on housing and get a clean, decent room. Overall, I was impressed with the quality given the price of the rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Econo Lodge
Rodeway Inn Regalodge
Rodeway Inn Regalodge
#8 of 16 in Glendale
Comfort Inn Near Old Town Pasadena in Eagle Rock CA

Been to El Rio? Share your experiences!