I might be spoiled by the fancy hotels of Las Vegas, or spoiled as a native Los Angeleno in the first place, but I really can't complain about the Homestead. Our house was undergoing some last minute, urgent repairs, and we stayed here. It's not your swanky hotel, but it's got what you need for a week (or two)--two burners, a full size--clean!--refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, clean tub, towels. When I walked into my room, i noticed a slight smell, but after keeping the air conditioning on, it's pretty much gone away.
The bed is relatively comfortable. Nothing too fancy, nothing hostel-like.
While I stayed, they changed out all the old school television sets and replaced them with 32" LG flat screens. Nice upgrade.
Wi-fi is free, but slow. Try streaming a tv show on your laptop and you'll never finish watching it.
While I wouldn't call these accommodations 4 star, they're probably 2.5 - 3 star. But the real reason why this hotel isn't "falling apart" to me, is the staff. Every single staff member I've spoken to has been patient and nice, and willing to help. Even investigate changes in payment instead of just telling you they have "no idea". They're the ones that really make this hotel liveable. Because otherwise, my first look at the peeling wallpaper and first whiff of the elevator, and I would've been running for the hills.
So yeah, stay here if you have to. It won't kill you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parking Fees: 1-6 nights: $15/day 7 + nights: $5/day ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Glendale/Burbank Hotel Glendale
- Extended Stay America Glendale