“Over priced!!!!!”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
“Over priced!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely HORRIBLE. I'm currently in one of their rooms right now and I am so livid that I am spending over $300 on this room! This is the worst hotel I've ever been in, and I would never come back. The walls are so thin that I can hear EVERYTHING from the janitors talking, people turning on the shower, people walking upstairs, the laundry room, etc. I can smell people smoking... And to make it even more annoying, we got placed on the bottom floor in a handicap room so the shower looks like something from a high school boys locker room! If I spent half the price, I wouldn't be complaining. But for the price I paid, I expected something way better than this. I am going to go on EVERY single website they advertise on and write a review about how HORRIBLE AND OVER PRICED this place is.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Nadia W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Nadia - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced from neighboring guests during your stay. As well, I am sorry that you were not pleased with your shower. Your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 5 May 2014

seriously....4 of us experienced the existence of ghost in the hallway and inside our rooms in different ocassions this is the first time i experienced ghost in a hotel. this is creepy.i swear! no
joke

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank D6441DRtraveller
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Extended Stay America Glendale. It was conveniently located near the heart of Glendale (short drive to Glendale Galleria). The front desk was very polite and the rooms are nice and clean. We didn't really use the kitchen too much, but it's nice to have. The provided breakfast is basically coffee and some packaged muffins, fruit and breakfast bars. It's nice to have fresh coffee provided, however it does run out fast. Pretty much every time i went out to get the coffee, the carafe was gone being refilled. However, it's free, so i can't complain too much. Overall, a nice hotel and if i had to stay in Glendale again, i would stay here again as long as the prices remain reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David Y
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.
Glendale, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Extended Stay may not be the most glamorous place to stay...but I am giving these guys a 5 star rating for customer service. Let's face it, hotels are a service business, it's all about customer service and where other places may look fantastic, you get there and the people are unpleasant to interact with. Not these guys. I've stayed at other extended stays in the recent past, what a difference the people make. These guys at the Glendale Extended Stay are polite, professional, helpful, and treat guests well. Every single staff member has been incredibly friendly and helpful. The manager Holly is awesome, and so is Chris. These are simply the two I have had the most interaction with but all have been great. The staff really make this place. Location is good and hotel is clean and fresh too. Other hotels need to come learn what customer service really looks like. I'd recommend it over anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle C
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I have been there 3 times and was never disappointed. The staff are very friendly and helpful (esp Chris).
The hotel is located in a good quiet place, easily accessible to public transport and few good restaurants nearby.
This place has a good kitchen which fulfills all the basic cooking needs.
Will consider only this hotel when i stay on Glendale

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank chaitanya3069
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am glad that our quiet location and your fully equipped kitchen met your travel needs. As well, I am happy to hear that you found our staff, especially Chris, to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 10 February 2014

What should have been a joyous trip was marred by a sick child and accomodations that suffered greater maladies. From no towels on arrival, tracking down towels in the late evening that we had to launder, broken outside access door, accidentally triggered fire alarms by lighting contractors who created messy and impassable hallways. We will never consider staying in this facility again.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank JWBas
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure that rooms are not missing towels in the future. As well, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered in our hallways. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel.

If you would like, please contact me directly, at gld@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Travellers are raving about these Glendale hotels

San Jose, California
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is located in a very good location and close to places that we wanted to check in. Staff are outstanding helpful, Specially Evelin @ front desk and Karolin for great house keeping.

We definitely will check in again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank geoim
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service our staff provided, especially by Evelyn and Karolin! I will be sure to share your comments with them and the rest of our team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 16 in Glendale

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale? Share your experiences!