“Siva”

India's Flavor
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. Harvard Ave.
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The ambience is good, taste is good and service is very fast and good. Rates are also in line with service and quality.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I have lived in Glendale my entire life, but this is my first experience with Indian food in Glendale. I often drive to Burbank or Hollywood.

My boyfriend and I decided to try it out and arrived just after five pm on Saturday night. I know that we were dining early for a weekend, but we were the only customers and remained so, until the very end of our meal. They have a huge stage and were playing Indian movies in the background. I think this place probably really gets going later at night and would be a lot of fun. It felt like we were eating at a night club, when it was still in daytime mode, with the full lighting on. I guess that's what we get for arriving so early!

The food was fantastic. I had the chicken biryani and my boyfriend had the beef biryani. Both excellent. I loved the sweet Naan bread, filled with raisins and coconut. I forget what it was called, but it was fluffy and delicious. The mango chutney was so good, we spread it on everything.

The service was equally good, a friendly and attentive server.

The price was decent, definitely in line with other Indian restaurants that I have visited in the vicinity. Our entrees and sides came to about forty and we had tons of left overs.

I look forward to future visits.

Please visit my blog for more reviews and local adventures.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

No complaints about the Punjabi inspired menu at India's Flavor. The menu is organized around a sort of "build it yourself" theme -- you pick a base curry, e.g. Masala and then select the add-in of your choice, e.g chicken. Our garlic naan was perfectly prepared and the bhel puri starter was great with a nice, hoppy IPA.

Service was prompt and efficient. The decor was a bit dark but not unpleasant. Price was reasonable -- the tab for 2 without drinks should run about $35.00.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

It is in a mall, looks like a dive from the outside, but they serve some of the best Indian food around. They have opened up a bigger place on Brand, but the little one on Verdugo is better...some of the dishes served on Brand are actually prepared in the Verdugo kitchen

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Run by a Sikh family, this is a relatively new sister restaurant to an older, smaller, less-well appointed eatery in Montrose. Cuisine is similar, varied; food is tasty, ambiance upscale. Nearby parking is metered. There's a largescreen TV which plays Bollywood-type movies (I find it more distracting than appealing). Service has consistently been rather slow. Garlic bread is comparatively tasteless.