“Wonderful Theater”
Review of Alex Theatre

Alex Theatre
Ranked #7 of 31 things to do in Glendale
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a classic theater that was converted from a movie house that had been closed for years into a major concert and professional live theater. I worked there as an usher captain for over 5 years. Great venue that did all kinds of shows. Beautifully remodeled when it was reopened about 30 years ago. Several major groups use this as their home theater. It is a landmark for the Glendale and surrounding areas.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

4.20.2013 - saw the LA Chamber Orchestra performing Handel & Mozart concertos. Jeffrey Kahane conducted and performed on the piano. We had balcony seats. The sound quality was decent. The seatings, fussy 1920s decor and garish lighting really needs modern upgrades. Their last redevelopment was in 1992.
I noticed most of their patrons are older. Old people die eventually. You need young people to support and rivitalise the Arts.
Their website says it is now closed for renovations from 7/1-10/31.
Bravo! We're certainly looking forward to see the improvements.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Lots of local eateries around. Remodeled years ago to bring back the good old times...Parking is difficult

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I go to the Alex Theatre with a friend who has a membership; we go for the older movies. Seeing Dr. Strangelove tonight. It's a great, old theater, and I enjoy watching older movies there.

1  Thank Averycat9
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The theatre offers a diverse selections of shows. I have enjoyed seeing the LA ballet perform there, and dance recitals. The ambiance is lovely in the heart of Glendale. Tickets are not very expensive and parking one block away. It is a nice venue that I like to visit whenever I find a dance recital showing there.

1  Thank juliissa