“Accomodation & Customer Treatment”

Glen Capri Inn & Suites - San Fernando Road
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I am very interested to share my comments to everybody.

1. Room is very clean and neat to stay with single / family
2. Good customer service
3. Enough Parking place
4. Good internet speed facilities
5. Its really worth for paying the price.

Regards,
DP

Room Tip: Rooms are very spaces to stay, its really worth paying.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dhandapaani K

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I arrived late night and the front desk guy took advantage of that.. He charged me $100 and would only take cash.. Then I saw my room and realized what a huge mistake I had made. It was on the first floor and the windows didn't lock.. There were two large windows with no screens or anything.. I felt completely unsafe. Anyone could break in while I was sleeping ... Also the windows faced the back of building that was dark with a bunch of trash everywhere.. It looked like the backyard of a hoarder. The room was very old looking but did seem clean.. The jacuzzi in the middle of the room was off putting .. I started to wonder if they rented this room by the hour.. Needless to say I got there at 3 am and left an hour later for a real hotel. The front desk guy wouldn't refund my money and told me it was perfectly safe... Never again..

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I booked a five night stay at the Glen Capri for three reasons;
1. Proximity to my daughter's house in Glendale
2.The overall good reviews on this site
3. The low cost.
And I was well satisfied with the results on all counts.

Even though the hotel itself is on a commercial street, behind it is a well kept residential neighborhood. And it's a short 1 block walk to Glen Oaks Blvd, which has many wonderful bakeries, eateries, etc. You can cross Glen Oaks and take a walk up the hill, find your way to the park and hike the mountain trails.

The outside grounds and walkways are clean, and there is a restaurant across the parking lot that serves breakfast and lunch and becomes a Hookah bar at night! I didn't partake of the nightlife, but I can tell you they do serve a good breakfast with fresh squeezed OJ..

Most of the reviews were right on target. The rooms and bedding were very clean - better than some 3 star rated hotels I've visited.
Here are some things I particularly liked:
1 The window could be opened for fresh air.
2. Curved shower curtain rod - gives you more space in the shower - and the magnetic, weighted.shower curtain. These two features prevent shower curtain "blowback"!
3. The bath exhaust fan really works - no build up of moist air in the bathroom.
4. Lots of cable channels. and the 42" TV worked well - very clear.
5. The AC unit was new & quiet. Worked well when I used it once briefly to cool down the room.

Now for the nits - not big issues, but if they were corrected I'd give the hotel five out of five stars.
1. No dresser. The big open space below the TV calls out for a dresser.
2. Toilet valves needs to be replaced. Although new, about 6 to 9 seconds before the toilet tank fill valve shut off, it would cause a very loud water hammer.
3. Molding that separates the carpeted area from the tiled sink area is broken on one end and needs to be replaced. The problem is that this molding is a composite material and the stress of people walking on it caused it to breakdown. It should have been made from hardwood.
4.One section of the outside bottom of the bath tub "looks" dirty. This is due to the tile installer not properly wiping the grout from the bottom of the tub where it meets the tile. The grout residue attracts dirt. it can't be" cleaned". It needs to be scrapped off with a sharp blade.
5. Small nightstand lamp did not work. Probably a dead bulb.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Eugene C
Reviewed 11 March 2013

You get what you pay for. My mum and I chose to stay here because of its close distance to the State Board testing facility in Glendale, and because the Econolodge was full. It was decent. You can tell they have made an attempt to spruce up the rooms a bit ("recently" renovated in 2001...) - our room had orange walls (easier on the eyes than it sounds), a mini fridge and microwave, tv, air conditioning unit and a clean bathroom. It wasn't luxury but we could dig it for a night.

The extreme downside was the smell that greeted us when we first arrived in our room - the sign at the check-in counter clearly says "no pets allowed" but we could assume it had not always been the case.. or maybe one was snuck in. After going through half a bottle of extra strength Febreeze, we were able to suck it up and sleep through the night.

For the most part, it's a decent place to stay for a night or two and the price is right

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Very reasonable with clean rooms, great location, and friendly service. Extremely close to old town with great restaurants. Rooms have a refrigerator that keeps beers ice cold, and a microwave. No continental breakfast, but fast food establishments are extremely close. I do a lot of business in this area and always stay at Glen Capri.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Leon W
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I did staid in this hotel at this location multiple times and in extended stay. Bed sheets were always immaculately white and clean. Overall rooms were clean and well kept. Front desk is very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jo S
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This is a nice place to stay. We always stay here everytime we come to L.A. It's so quiet and clean rooms. The only thing missing is a pool, but other than that is a nice place to stay. There been some movies that have been film of this hotel also it is a favorite among movie stars. What can I say but very satisfied with the service. Room service are friendly as well as the manager. Very affordable, we planned on stay one night but we extended for two.

Room Tip: I really recommended it's so close to Hollywood, observatory & other sites near by. The room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family