“Best Italian in Glendale!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 448 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Marana, Arizona
“Best Italian in Glendale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

My husband and I had a fabulous dinner at Scarantino's a few nights ago. We both had their homemade minestrone soup and fresh salad. I had the canneloni filled with beef and ricotta cheese, topped with meat sauce and a mornay sauce. It was out-of-this-world in every way and served piping hot. My husband had their pepperoni pizza which he pronounced as some of the best he's had. We topped off our meal with spumoni - an Italian ice cream - there were several flavours per serving. The restaurant was busy, but the service was attentive and unhurried. We recommend this long-time neighborhood classic to anyone who enjoys good, hearty Italian food.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Sarakay53

LA
“NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY :)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

This restaurant told a breastfeeding mother she could go nurse in the bathroom.... How is that family friendly????

• Visited July 2012
north central Washington state
“great food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

My husband and I were very happy that we found this restaurant, and it was walking distance from our hotel. I ordered the lasagna which was so delicious that I asked for the recipe, was denied respectively. My husband ordered the italian sausage meatballs with spaghetti and I have to say the meatballs were mouth watering, tender and juicy. the waiter was prompt and very pleasant. all entree's were very affordable. I would definately go back to this restaurant and would eat there often if we lived closer. The minestrone was excellent also.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank helenomia
Laguna Niguel, California
“Good value in an Italian eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

Parking can be problematic (lot for restaurant = tiny), generally preferable street. Relatively small (one room) family-run establishment with nice, but dated decor. Often busy, but wait usually no more than 15'. Service at least average, sometimes better. Minestrone soup quite good (not tomato based). Small salad average. Both come with the entree, which is of average quality but sizable. Bread white, soft, not noteworthy.

Not my Italian restaurant of preference in environs.

• Visited December 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sctmtn
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real Deal Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Great Pasta - better than anything I could ever make at home - this was convenient because it's right near the motel I was staying at

• Visited September 2011