Hotel Brandwood
Chariot Inn(Glendale)
Econo Lodge(Glendale)
Motel Sakura(Glendale)
View Hotel
All reviewsboutique hotelfree parkingfirst floorwalk upstairsrear view mirrorcarry your luggagethe check in deskbuilding next doorcomfortable bedcouple blocksglendale galleriarooms are cleantop floorshort staycouple of nightsparking lot isgreat shopping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This is a rewrite/downgrade of a fairly positive review I wrote over 2 years ago. Bottom line: I'm not so enthusiastic about this place as I once was.

Why? Well, I stayed here again for two nights and realized that last time I had overlooked or forgiven the negatives. For one thing, the rooms are tiny and the walls are paper thin. I could easily hear my neighbor's TV and in the morning, the shrieking whine from their shower pipes woke me up! The bathroom has no shelf or any place to put your toiletry kit (even a small plastic bag); the room I was in had no closet or hanging space other than a former TV cabinet fitted with a bar so low that even shirts dragged on the bottom. The bed is old and rather saggy and the TV is from the 1980's. The clock radio was completely broken (they gave me another when I complained). There's no elevator and Jaxx bar/venue downstairs is still noisy (patrons of that establishment leave their cigarette butts on the ground right in front of the hotel's sign - "no smoking within 20 feet of this sign".)

Of course, you can't beat the price, the free parking (hard to come by in Glendale) and the location. And the staff were fairly pleasant and helpful. But if you can afford the other hotels nearby, I'd recommend you stay at those instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room, or a room at the back, away from the music.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SDTripster
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This boutique 1920's style hotel perfectly accommodated me with quality amenities.
1. The rooms were comfortable, cozy and clean.
2. Great, fair, and helpful service. For those who choose to disagree, look at the website upon booking a room, because their rules are stated clearly and concisely.
3. Location, Location, Location! This place has a wonderful location. As I stepped outside the front door, I was able to walk straight down Brand Blvd to the Americana where they have a surprising variety of restaurants and shopping to choose from.
4. Disclaimer: Although this hotel does not possess an elevator, if you are carrying any heavy luggage, don't hesitate to ask the employees to help you because they would be more than happy to.
5. Not to mention most importantly, fair and affordable pricing!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

My partner and I have just done a one month trek all over California and to say this was my fave place is beyond right! I low how quite it was it was easy to walk everywhere staff were lovely and the place was so clean I had read somewhere on here about someone having trouble with the bath but there was a trick to it as there was to every American bathroom here very nice and super cheap I think we got half off with Expedia! Good luck

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This was our second stay at the Brandwood Hotel and we will be back. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel this quiet in the middle of a busy city. It's so comfortable and clean, with quality amenities. If you're tired of the large chain hotels, the Brandwood Hotel is charming and right in the heart of Glendale. After a busy day, we returned to the Brandwood and walked down the street to an Argentinian restaurant and had an excellent dinner. Next door to the Brandwood is Jax and we poked our head in to hear great jazz music. Didn't take a seat and stay because it had been a long day... Back to our room, hot bath, comfy bed, quiet night's sleep. (Oh yea, great TV and HBO for my husband and free internet access for me.) We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is a very clean hotel. The staff was friendly and had good restaurant suggestions. The location was great. The only downside was that there is no elevator.

Room Tip: top floor, end of hall
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business