“Very Cute”
Review of Hotel Brandwood

Hotel Brandwood
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in Sept. 2013. There are a ton of stairs so prepare for that, but the rooms are very cute, very clean and the bed is verrrry comfortable. It's in a very safe neighborhood and about a 20 minute drive (on surface streets as I refused to drive on LA freeways) to all the tourist areas you would want to see. There are several restaurants on the block. Very satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christian O

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The rooms are a little smaller than you might get elsewhere, but they are wonderful rooms. The staff is very nice and helpful. You do have to climb a flight of stairs to get to the front desk, but it's only bad if you're not expecting it, because they will carry your luggage up for you.

My view was of the building next door and the TV didn't get very good reception, but there is lots to do outside of the room. There is plenty of shopping and dining within walking distance and the bar downstairs is a blues bar with a great live music nightly and a terrific staff.

I will definitely stay here again next time I have to travel to Glendale.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Recently stayed here and was appalled by the noise level from the bar downstairs....music till
midnite on a weeknight (While hotel management was being evasive denying,denying,denying and reassuring it would end by 9)....Broken door lock,crappy TV,tiny shower stall (Like USSR HOTEL) and a view of a BRICK WALL made this a very disappointing choice...not a 3 star hotel.I would never trust to stay at this hotel again...staff is strange.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank frank_king99
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is a small boutique Hotel near the shopping and food area of Glendale.
The room was very clean and beautifully decorated. The parking was free.
The only downside some people may find is the steps leading to the reception. They are very steep. However, it does fully inform you of this on their website. They have a laundry room, coin operated which was very helpful a couple of days before we flew home. Just remember to buy your own detergent. You can get travel sizes at Target.
It was a really quiet place to stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Carole P
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was going to give this hotel a good rating. There were things my daughter and actually liked about the property and staff until I got home and saw my credit card bill. They charged me for stains on face towels. NO not towels I took from the hotel but ones I have been told had stains. Makeup stains. Hmmm, interesting as we do not have that issue with our towels at home and let's not forgot the towels at the hotel are WHITE. Would Bleach work? Did they do the laundry for just our room separate from all the other rooms to know they were in fact OUR towels? Does the Manager inspect each guest towel before it’s washed to calculate a charge? All very interesting questions that in all my years staying at hotels for both work and business I have never had to ask myself before. Needless to say any hotel that decides to tack on charges to my card (AFTER) I leave without my knowledge gets a one star. I hope the extra $12 they got from me was worth a bad review.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Michele C
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is located right in the heart of Glendale, with the option of walking to a number of attractions and restaurants. Wifi and parking is free, so that is great. On site laundry available as well. We stayed with our kids in a double double room and it was great. Good price and location, lovely room, and great housekeeping service. My daughter left her DS in a drawer, and they called us to let us know. Thank you Brandwood for everything!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Unable to book a hotel in Los Angeles West Hollywood area, we took the risk of staying in Glendale. It has an AMAZING location, with the Americana at Brand about two blocks away and another huge mall right next to the Americana. We returned very late at night perfectly safe with many many shopping bags. This hotel is pretty well kept and maintained, though we used it only to sleep lol. The negative part is that we lost the last train in one Los Angeles train stop, and unable to call a cab to pick us up from our phones (since we couldnt dial the extension since it's an international number), we called the hotel and asked whether they could call them for us, and they said they could not. They didnt make an effort in getting us a way to get back to the hotel (ended up heading to Union Station and taking a cab from there).But the hotel is reallly pretty, extremely small but has some luxurious styling to it. Negative part are the initial stairs, but the rest was great! Be careful with Beeline buses because they dont run all day!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family