“Great value and atmosphere”
Review of Hotel Brandwood

Hotel Brandwood
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Brandwood. The rooms are not huge, but the space is used properly with business area and desk, large armoire for clothes and new, nicely decorated bathrooms. Next door is a great jazz bar with a friendly crowd of regulars and good food. Service is fast and excellent. For the combination of location, comfort, service and atmosphere, I would return to Brandwood.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had a business meeting today and Glendale and had a great stay the Hotel Brandwood. The room was clean, well appointed, the bed fantastic, and the Internet service quite fast. A nice desk provided ample space and power to work at as well.

No gym and no restaurant. No problem. The amazing Portos bakery is less than a block away, and a well equipped 24 Hour Fitness a block away. I was able to work out there for a $10 guest fee. This was a much better experience than staying at a "full service" business hotel that typically have meager gyms, iffy food, and crowds. Very nice experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off of the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KWSB88
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel is nice and reasonably good. it's in the middle of the street with restaurants and in a walkable distance to Glendale Galleria mall.
If coming by car you should park on the second floor of BoFa parking behind the building (Lexington & Orange) and then bring your parking permit back to the car after checking in.
There are two unexpected flights of stairs from the door to the hallway with the check-in desk. Staff was nice and helpful.
I stayed at this hotel on my business trip and will definitely consider staying again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Vyacheslav B
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We showed up earlier than the check-in time. They were very nice about it and were able to get us into a room early, even thought they didn't have to. The bed was amazing and I wanted to take it home with me. The room was super cute and cozy. It was clean and I felt safe. I love that the Brandwood is a "green" hotel.

There was construction near the hotel that would start early in the morning. This noise was annoying but the Brandwood couldn't control that.

I'm not sure why people are complaining (stairs, the lack of views, etc). This isn't the Ritz. Do some research on the places you stay. If you have concerns about a hotel's accessibility, call ahead and ask. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rockafrilly
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

If this hotel had an elevator I would stay here more often. You have to drag your bags up a flight of stairs (the hotel begins on the second story). Half way up you get in camera sight and the staff greet you and ask if you would like some help. The lobby is not air conditioned. Once in your room everything changes. Great decor, excellent linens, great bathroom. Close to everything on Brand, if you so not mind the hike.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked a room in April. I'm quite tech-savvy and can get around lots of websites, so I created an account to book the room. A week or so later, we changed our travel plans. I went online and I'm fairly certain that I did something that appeared to change the page. I didn't get a cancellation notice via email, so I logged back on a couple days later. Since I saw nothing show up after I logged in (I could no longer see the reservation I'd made), I assumed that the cancellation worked.
A night's lodging was just charged to my credit card. So it seems the reservation did not cancel, and I don't know why I could not see it when I logged in over a month ago to check on it.
Lesson learned: Call in a cancellation.
I just called the hotel and the woman I spoke to was very pleasant as she reminded me of the policies. Of course she can say that nothing in their system indicates I canceled the reservation. Something didn't work, that's for sure. I explained my experience when I thought I'd cancelled the reservation. Still I got the recitation of the policy. I understand the policy, and I was trying to abide by it.
Should have called to double check on the cancellation. Perhaps it's not reasonable of me to expect some consideration that I wasn't able to find the reservation a couple days after I did something online that seemed to make the reservation not visible to me a couple days later.
We didn't stay here but we still got charged for a night. Disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaLovesPaul
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My spouse booked a room with Expedia on 4/3 and they said that hotel has "no accessibility and no elevator access for wheelchairs"--does not say that there is flight of stairs down from parking structure and 1.5 STEEP (according to reviews) stairs up to lobby. We were married on 4/4 and wanted to spend night in Glendale after Dodger ballgame on 4/6. I looked at hotel site last night and checked out reviews only to find steep stair issue--spouse is 73 and still recovering from broken neck, crushed femur and crushed metacarpal injuries. She can walk and does not use a wheelchair so she thought it would be okay. She was unaware of STEEP STAIRS both from parking structure and to hotel lobby for check in. Called hotel and they would not give me manager name and refused to accept cancellation without paying full price for room. We are not paying and we will fight this not just for us but also for other elderly and disabled folks. Hope you all agree. Notice must be given!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple