“You get what you pay for!!!”

Rodeway Inn Regalodge
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was looking for an inexpensive room to stay for two nights. I was taking my granddaughter to a K-Con convention, we needed a place to sleep as we would not be spending much time in the room. I found this motel.... Needless to say, you get what you pay for. The price was $60 with a government discount. Regular rate was up there, when we checked in and went to the room, I was highly disappointed. The room needed to be renovated. It was dirty, the bed spread had a hole in it, the bed was lumpy and old, the air conditioner was loud and noisy and the door lock was broken. When I asked for an extra towel, I was told that I would only get one in the morning. The bath tub dripped and the place barely had enough parking for the guest's as the employees took up a couple of spaces. Had I not had a long drive, and a late night, I would have asked for a refund. Worst place I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Deborah L

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A last minute trip to Glendale forced me to take a reservation at this hotel because all my regular places to stay were book up solid.

Here is the laundry list of all the things that were wrong. No WiFi at least wireless. The was a plug for internet access but it sure didn't help on my iPhone & iPad. Even though the room had some externally wired outlets there was no where to plug anything in, except the bathroom sink. All the light were on one extension cord and didn't include my side of the bed . . . so much for reading. The temperature control was broken, so the only temperature was off, or 66º . . . hot/chilly. The draws and doors on the bathroom sink unit were painted shut. . . . so much for storage. The draws for clothes were stuck together, so pull out one and you got 3 . . . The fan/light combo in the bathroom sounded like a 747 going passing overhead at low altitude. Also there was so much paint on the bathroom door that it wouldn't close.

I don't want to sound prejudiced, but the desk clerk's accent was so strong I really didn't understand much of what he said

Won't stay there again if I have to sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Best tip is DON'T!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank James F
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had a bad experience with this property last year and said I would never stay at the property again. Well I thought I would give them a second chance. Never again...

First things first. I booked a month in advance with the property's website. I specifically checked the non-smoking room box. I get to the property and they have one room left and its a smoking room. The front desk staff would not work with me on this at all. I even had a confirmation e-mail I printed out with the non-smoking preference referenced on the confirmation. I have never smoked in my life.

Then I could not get on any of 3 wireless routers they had. I call the front desk and they say, "you are the only one complaining". I explained I was in IT and did IT work everyday. Then they changed their attitude. I finally had to use a hardwired connection in the room. The alarm clock in broken in the room. The air conditioning up down control button for temperature were broken/pushed into the unit, worthless. There is not enough parking for all guests, lot too small.

The one exception is the cleaning staff is wonderful. They always do a good job, are nice and always say hi. I strongly recommend you never stay at this property ever.

Room Tip: Don't stay here ever.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank B D
Reviewed 12 June 2014

All the basics were perfect. The room was indeed a non-smoking room. The AC was cold, as was the mini fridge. The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot and powerful. Plus everything was clean, clean, clean. My wife had an important interview, but she forgot her hair dryer. Rita (manager) found a hair dryer (at 5AM!). We had prepaid for three nights, but needed to leave after two, but David (manager) was very courteous and credited back the nights charge promptly. The location is safe, next door to a good restaurant (Foxy's) and with the Americana and Galleria malls just across the street. For the price, you cannot beat the Regalodge on Colorado.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BeoPlani
Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you are traveling to the L.A. /Hollywood /Universal Studios area, this is the best deal going. It is a no frills room with a comfy bed. Has a small table with two chairs, a decent refer and a bath/shower combo. It is located right next door to a restrauant (foxyies) and just across the street from two different malls. Lots of shopping and food within walking distance and even a micro brew (BJ's) about 5 mins walk away. The pool is very clean and the hotel is an older place, but well kept up and very clean. You could pay almost twice as much just a couple of doors away at a hotel that has a "free" breakfast, but we were able to save money by buying our own breakfast out. Parking is ample and easy to get into and out of and it has free wifi, but it is very slow. The rooms are quiet, we could not hear any tv's at night from the other guests, but you could hear some footfalls in the room above. This is a safe area to walk around at night and there is security at the malls. Foxies will give you a 10% discount by showing them a room key.

Room Tip: request an upper floor room so you don't hear footsteps at night. Otherwise, the whole complex i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I would classify this as a motel. The old saying goes you get what you pay for. I got my $70 worth and nothing more. The lobby smells like Indian Food (which I don't mind, just wish they would share...ha ha) as the family lives in the front apartment. They were kind and helpful.

The room was clean. The bed was horribly uncomfortable. She shower drain did not work. No blow dryer. The towels and linens were clean. The internet was poor and extremely slow. The place made me a bit nervous at first but by day 3 I felt safe and it was relatively quiet. The rooms all are in need of some updating but like I say if you are looking for a cheap room it will do the trick.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank temporarilygrounded
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Where do I begin...

The internet, if you can call it that is poor at best. It takes several tries to even get on and it is one of the slowest speeds I have ever experienced. In addition it keeps dropping you.

Chipping paint and tattered carpet in the room doesn't help and the last straw was when I was in the bathroom area and a cockroach scurried by me on the floor. I tolerate a lot and am very easy to adapt, but I don't do cockroaches.

No thanks. I will not be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business