Vagabond Inn - Glendale
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$188
US$123
Hotwire.com
Glendale Lodge(Glendale)(Great Value!)
US$100
All reviewsacross the streetgreat locationcontinental breakfastroom was cleanamericana at brandwalking distancefree parkingshopping mallstay there againlos angelesa great place to staycoffee makervisiting familyone night stayfridge and microwavenon smokingchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2008

Stayed one night midweek, great price, amazing location. Right in the heart of Downtown Glendale. The streets were packed with vibrant goings ons even on a Tuesday. Great food and shopping all within a 5 minute walk.
The exterior is a bt rough. I was nervous heading to my room, the walkways are worn and the whole thing looks a bit ghetto. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the room. It was much nicer on the inside than the outside. Decent bed, not poor, just decent. The room was a bit small but for the price was adequate.The elevator was bult by Otis himself. it was ancient and dirty.
My biggest issue is I booked a nonsmoking room and was given a smoking room. No mention of this when I checked in as the girl was talking to one of her friends that was visiting. When I got to my room I called down and was told "sorry, we are booked". That was it. I toughed it out and stayed because it wasnt too stinky, but I probably should have left. At the next hotel all my clothes and luggage reeked of cigarettes. Next time this happens I will know what to do.
How hard is it to put nonsmokers in nonsmoking rooms when thats what they book? Like the old sienfeld episode, its easy to take the reservation, you just have to 'hold' the reservation. Thats what the reservations are really all about isnt it?
Anyway, if I had to stay here again I would, but if I got a smoking room I would leave.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank PHXTrainer
Reviewed 26 June 2008

My family and i had a wonderful satay at this economy hotel. The location was great as it is just across the new Americana and the galleria. The room very comfortable and clean and the place was quiet.The staff was very accomodating and helped us in going places. the hotel had WIFI and DSL internet connection which was great as me and my son was able to use our laptops at the same time. we will surely come back to this hotel on our next trip to glendale.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 22 June 2008

The Vagabond Inn has a great location that is fairly easy to find. It is across the street from a new shopping complex that has many shopping and dining options - and great people watching. I think you can even get to a subway stop using the bus - which is really unusual for LA.

The hotel is in decent shape. My only complaint about the room was the extremely limited cable selection and the super-cheap shampoo.

The staff were actually rude and short with us. It was as if they forgot they are in the hospitality business. I was pretty shocked.
Hopefully this was just a bad weekend for them and not a trend.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
VIGlendale, Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2008

Dear Ms. Marymarcia,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us last June. I apologize for the so so attitude of my front desk staff that weekend. I'm sure he or she did not meant to be rude or discourteous. It might have been perhaps some miscommunication, but nonetheless, I called all my desk staffs attention regarding our service to all guests. We always put our guest above everything and ensure their stay is satisfying. With regards to our shampoo quality, we use the same quality and type other hotels use, but your comments will be forwarded to our QM Dept.for product upgrade.
Thank again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you and your group again and experience a better service.

Reviewed 7 May 2008

Cockroaches! Absolutely would not stay in this hotel again. Found a cockroach crawling on the door AM I was to leave. I reported it to the front desk who sent someone up to check and confirmed it was a cockroach. When I returned a few minutes later to check-out, the front desk clerk asked, "was everything okay with your stay?" I looked at her incredulously and replied, "there was a cockroach!" Without batting an eye she asks, "besides the cockroach?" Geez, if I bring home roaches, I told them I'm sending them the exterminator bill.

Place was filthy! The chairs were so nasty my mother and I took towels and placed them on the seats before sitting on them. There was some odd odor when we walked in, in hind-sight, perhaps the room had been sprayed for bugs?!

Over the last decade, I have traveled frequently throughout the world and United States. I have never encounted roaches before or a room that nasty. Two stayed in the room and only one set of amenties ex. shower soap/shampoo, was provided.

So embarrassing, my mother who I took on the trip, keeps on telling me not to mention to anyone we stayed at a hotel with roaches. Definitely get what you pay for and in this case, still not worth it. Needless to say, I paid more for hotels the rest of my week in LA but we were a lot happier; it was worth it.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family

Dear Miss Patricia,

In behalf of Vagabond Inn Glendale, please accept my sincre apology for the unfortunate incident you experienced during your 2 days stay with us.
I tried to get in touch with you after you left but there was no address or telephone number on file. You booked this reservation through Orbitz.com and they do not want to give any contact information. I asked the maintenance man who looked into your complaint and he said he found a tiny cockroach outside the door. He said he searched inside the room to see if there was any sign of roach but found nothing. As we are in a tropical area and our surroundings and grounds are mostly plants and trees, there are sometimes insects like this that may have been blown by the wind/breeze. Anyway, I immediately consulted our pest control company and had them checked all areas and they found nothing also. We do have a regular pest control program and we take pride of being pest free. It is unfortunate that such an incident happened during your stay. I'm sorry I was not available when you asked my desk clerk for a discount on your stay due to your reporting of the one tiny cockroach outside the door when you were checking out that day. If it is not too late, I would like to invite you to stay with us again if you will be in our area in the future on compliment and experience a better environment and service from us.

Reviewed 10 April 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the price was great for the area. Next time we are in town we will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
VIGlendale, VIGlendale, Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2008

Thank you for your coment. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us this last april. We are looking forward to having you stay with as again.