“Very nice stay”

Vagabond Inn - Glendale
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 25 July 2014

All staff I encountered were professional and polite, at minimum. The room was clean; the bathroom in particular was nicely updated and very, very clean (and I am very picky). I found the bed to be a bit soft and lumpy; but this might be because I am used to a very hard mattress. The walls to the rooms were VERY THIN; I could hear the conversations of my neighbors almost as if they were in the same room. Luckily, the other guests were respectful and I didn't have trouble sleeping. The parking spots are small and limited but I never had a problem finding a spot, even when I arrived past 11:00 PM. The breakfast was adequate (cereal packs, pastries, bananas and apples) given that I didn't expect much of anything. The area is very nice and appeared very safe (there is a Nordstrom across the street…) The drive into the northern parts of LA (Hollywood, Universal) was not bad at all. LAX is a bit of a distance; it took me a good 45 minutes late Saturday night and almost 2 hours on a weekday morning. The price was very reasonable. When next I visit LA, I would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would select a room on one of the upper floors; due to the thin walls, you can hear people in the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WorldDelizen
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that you had a nice stay at our property. We hope to have you back soon at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Breakfast needs a little more variety and the pool needs to be kept clean, another thing I was told my room would have a sofa bed and it was just a sofa no pull out bed I was annoyed but regardless I give it a 3-4 overall. No so bad for a 1 day stay.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback because it help us to improve our product and service to our guests.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Although furnishings are dated we found the hotel to be very clean, comfortable beds and a very lovely and accommodating staff. They went out of their way to provide an extra bed in our room so our family could all be together. Lovely light breakfast provided. Location great. Close to Two large malls and many fantastic restaurants. The outdoor mall had a great fountain display with a show every hour, Just beautiful at night. Felt very safe in this area also. They continue to improve this hotel too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to have you back soon at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here over the 4th July weekend..started of chaotic since we originally booked a two queen accommodations but were given a single queen bedroom? When inquired on situation hotel pointed the finger too orbitz which reservation was made..but reservation clearly stated 2 queens! We were eventually upgraded to a king at no additional charge which we appreciated but as we checked out we heard them telling some plp checking in the same thing? Must be a scheme to make customers upgrade.. U decide! Other then that room served it's purpose n was very conveniently located! Wldnt mind staying here again but cld due without the chaos...close to America all that matters!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank indigenous84

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the confusion upon check in. However, we appreciate your honest feedback and hope to see back soon at our property.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Hotel is quite simple and just for have a good night for relaxing. Rooms are big, bed, pillows, sheets, towels are ok. There is a small "kitchen" if you need. I dont like carpet on the floor, but....almost all of them are this way... Very well located, just a walk a street to be at the best place there...shopping, restaurants...very nice! If you check in with big luggages, ask for the elevator or you will have to hold them up on stairs... The worst thing is breakfast......it is at the reception, no tables, no chairs, no nothing..... just grab what you want (and there is almost nothing tna coffe, tea, orange and apple juice, banana, ceral and bread...) and take it to your room...or stay there..up! Crew....some are helpfull, other are non helpful... But I would be there again if I need....it is a good cost-benefit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Cristiana S
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We highly appreciate your feedback because it enables us to further enhance our product and service to our guests. We hope to have you back soon at our property in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great Location. Clean room with a LARGE TV. Frig and microwave too. I have been coming to this Vagabond Inn for now about 5 or 6 years, and the only thing that has changes are the prices of the rooms, they have gone up pretty fast. But because of the location, I pretty sure they can get what ever they want. All in all, it's still a pretty good Inn at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dennis T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business throughout the years and I'm glad that we met your expectations again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Rooms were nice and clean, however the pool was not. Breakfast simpel but no place to sit.
Great location for shopping and restaurants.
Staff could have been more helpful. Because of roadwork we were not able to get off the parking lot, they did not care and didn't do anything about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AllisonABC
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I apologize that we did meet and exceed your expectations. However, we appreciate your feedback because it enable us to further enhance our product and service to our guests.