“Very good value for the money”

Vagabond Inn - Glendale
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Oslo, Norway
“Very good value for the money”
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I have just stayed in this hotel for 13 nights, I stayed so long because it was a very nice hotel. The area was good for shopping and restaurants, and the public transportation was close wherever you want to go.
Rooms are spacious, has fridge, microwave and coffemaker. The pool area was clean. The only minus is that the breakfast could be more healthy.
I wil definitely go back to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
VIGlendale, Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us
Our staff always strives to make our Guests feel if they were at Home.
We we'll make sure we give you and your guests a warmth welcome next time you are in town.
Sincerely Joana R. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 June 2010

My wife and I are traveling on a budget and found that Joanna the manager of the property was very helpful in helping up meet our needs for our trip. They did everything that they could to accomodate us during our stay. I would recommend this place to anyone who is traveling to that area or even nearby.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
VIGlendale, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit at our Glendale property.
I am glad to hear i was as of your assistance.
Hope to see you soon!
Sincerely Joana R. General Manager
Chico, California
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I love the hotel! their personnel was very friendly. I loved how clean the room was! the bed just crispy! and my bathroom! was amazingly clean! I love how close is to the americana ! I Cant wait to book another room !!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I stayed here while taking a licensing exam administered at the community college. The room was clean, the towels were surprisingly soft, and the microwave and refrigerator were a bonus. The walls are pretty thin so if you're a light sleeper you might want to bring ear plugs.

I picked the Vagabond for it's price, location and free wi-fi. The wi-fi was spotty at best and I had to call each day to have the service provider override the login page. It was a bit of a hassle but when it worked it was fine. Just don't depend on the service being available at all hours.

I did not eat the breakfast, instead I brought my own, so I can't comment there. It was conveniently located - depending on what you're looking to do in LA. If you have a car, and who doesn't in LA, then most attractions on that side of town are close by. And being across the street from the Americana and Galleria was nice. A fun place to walk around and people watch.

The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Holte, Denmark
Reviewed 19 December 2009

Presently we stay at the Vagabond Inn in Glendale, which is a ok motel with some night-noice from huge trains passing by. This might be a problem to "light-sleepers", but is bearable. But the breakfast!!! - Or rather lack of same... We paid $ 71,- pr. night and breakfast is a tray with 4-5 doughnuts and a bowl with 8 pieces of fruit and even though American motel-breakfasts to Europeans are not known to be the best - this is the worst!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Wembley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I’ve been unfaithful … to the Vagabond. My list trip to the Glendale area, I stayed at the Gold Key, and didn’t’ enjoy it very much. The previous time I stayed at the Econo Lodge and hated it. The reason why we stopped staying at the Vagabond was the nasty lady at check-in. Thank goodness, she has now left.

We stayed in a Vagabond “suite”. Much larger than the normal Vagabond room with a lovely flat-screen TV and a bathroom with a nice refurb. Not really a suite, but it had two queen-sized beds and a big leather couch on the 3rd floor. Our in-room coffee maker didn’t work, but there was always free tea, coffee and juice in the lobby during breakfast hours.

Bring your own toiletries, as the ones provided are rather minimal / cheap. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable although the pillows could have been larger.

Wifi worked well. The friendly staff kept printing me Goggle maps to various locations in the LA area, which was very kind.

The location of course is great and next to the Americana and the lovely Fox’s restaurant.

Good value for money and the staff were great. Check out the “suite” rooms. My partner loved coming back to the Vagabond!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wembleygal
So. California
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the great location of this Inn. Right across from the Americana in Glendale - a wonderful shopping mecca. So when I entered our room and a roach scuttled across one of the beds, I tried to justify it as a singular incident. Too exhausted to complain to managment at that hour, I killed our little unwanted friend and dreamt of them being everywhere. Apparently it wasn't a dream as another one was quick to greet us in the morning from the bathroom. The room was cramped and the bed covers stained. Being in the hospitality industry, those sort of problems are intolerable and as a customer, disheartening when you just spent $100 for the night! I'm dissappointed in my experience to say the least. With it's great location and friendly staff, I expected better.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business