“Great neighborhood restaurant”

Ichiban
Ranked #61 of 464 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We eat here at least once a week for lunch or dinner, since they first opened, and it can't be beat. The food is wonderful, the prices are LOW and the service is actually amazing, lots of staff always. The lunch combo includes 3 items for around 8 bucks! The sushi is good, not gourmet, but considering the prices it can't be beat. Also, the food arrives quickly even when they are busy, they must have a large staff in the kitchen.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We are a regular at this place. Great value great food fresh sushi great combo and most of all GREAT SERVICE. They basically know our favorites what not to put or to put etc. The value too for a Japanese place is excellent. Brought friends and family here before they just love it. I have friends and family from another country and when they come back they request for this restaurant. Love the tempura ice cream as well!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Last Friday night, my boyfriend and I dined at Ichiban for dinner. We arrived close to seven and managed to get a table, although there was almost always a crowd waiting to be seated during our visit. It was packed.

I had a dinner combo with steak teriyaki and shrimp tempura. My boyfriend had some sashimi and rolls. The food was plentiful and a good bargain. We were full for around forty dollars, including sharing hot sake. It's not the best Japanese food that I have eaten, but probably the best for the price. We were happy.

Service was spotty. We had several servers helping us and they ranged from friendly to surly. We didn't quite know who to flag down when we needed something. It was a bit confusing.

Parking is free for 90 min in the structure, plenty of time.

We look forward to returning here.

Please check ut my blog for more reviews and foody things.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Loved this gem hidden in Glendale. The sushi is super cheap, super fresh, and the staff are amazing. We came here more than anywhere in the time I lived in LA. If you want cheap and different, order the salmon collar. Its usually really cheap, char grilled and served with lemon and a nice ponzu sauce.

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Their sushi is not top of the line but pretty good considering the price. There's a list of 50% off sushi to choose from and their albacore sushi salad is awesome. I think service is mediocre though and could use some improvement.