“Great local Italian” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spaghetti Eddie's

Spaghetti Eddie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Spaghetti Eddie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 114 Restaurants in Glendora
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grand & Baseline
Hoover, Alabama, United States
“Great local Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Was recommended by a local and the recommendation was spot on. Excellent food and friendly service at a good price. This is the place the locals hit as was evidenced by the families. A good, diverse menu and the quality was as good as I've had anywhere.

• Visited January 2014

Glendora, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best of Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Have been coming to Spaghetti Eddies. for over 20 yrs love the food here.they always have the freshest rolls and food to die for from classic Italian to different dinners

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank hotsilver
San Dimas, California
“Glendora Tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A local favorite for as long as I can remember, over 20 years next to the Sports Chalet on Grant.
Go hungry!

Visited October 2013
Glendora, California
“Don't Bother!! The Management Is Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Went to Spaghetti Eddie's with a Living Social deal for two entrees under $15.99, and appetizer or dessert and a bottle of wine. Since we went at lunch my daughter and I had sodas and chose to take the wine home with us. Our waitress was terrific. The food was good. The manager on duty told the waitress that she should charge us for dinners instead of the lunches that we ordered (the LS voucher made no mention of whether it had to be used for lunch or dinner). When I complained about it he told me that I could either pay the amount that he demanded or "go to jail"!! I then loudly demanded to speak to the owner who (no surprise) corrected the bill.

The food was okay (we wouldn't have gone there without the LS deal), but nothing to get excited about. ) however, the manager completely ruined what would've been a very nice lunch. Will NEVER go there again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Anne B
Duarte, California
“Delicious Italian Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Came here on a Saturday night with my husband for dinner. This was our 1st time here and we had a reservation for 7 pm. When we first walked in, we were immediately greeted by the hostess. We arrived at 6:50 pm and she told us that we have to wait about 10- 15 minutes. I believe we were seated around 7 pm (if we didn't have reservations, we would have had to wait even longer, there were already a handful of people waiting when we came in).

We were seated in an awkward place initially, which was right next to the kitchen. Also this 2 person table was right in front of a round table booth. I felt a bit uncomfortable because when a group of 5 or 6 people are seated in that booth directly across from us (like a shoulder length, that close) it would just make me feel weird that these people who be staring right at us as we eat. This table we were seated at was sticky and a bit dirty but my husband was hungry and tired and just wanted to eat so we decided not to say anything. But luckily, the woman who sat us there told us she had a booth for us if we wanted to move and so we did. This booth could easily sit 4 people and was so much BETTER than that other table. (Just for this part of our dining experience, I had to duct them 1/2 a star)

Anyways, our server, Chris, was very attentive the entire time we were here. These are the items we had for dinner:

Soup of the day: The soup of the day my husband chose with his meal was a mushroom (although he was able to choose from minestrone, mushroom & Italian wedding soup). This soup was quite creamy and very flavorful. Loved the different types of mushrooms in this soup and would have loved to have a big bowl of this.

Eggplant Parmigiana: I really loved this dish. The eggplant was nicely breaded (not an overkill of too much breadedness) and had a whole sheet of cheese and marinara sauce on top. Loved the thin noodles served with this dish. The eggplant itself was nice and tender.

Side Salad: Wished that this salad was made with the dark green leafys instead of the cheap iceberg lettuce. Really should have ordered the soup (my husband had to pay $1 extra to have the mushroom soup, but I believe the minestrone is a soup they have every day and you would not have to pay the $1 extra)

Linguine and Clams: Loved the sauce and noodles. My husband decided to add fresh Manilla Clams for $3 extra and he only got 4 clams. What a total rip, not worth the $3 extra. But overall, the clams (that originally came w/ the dish) were delicious. The pasta dish itself had a little bit of a light spicy kick to it, but was not too spicy.

Chocolate Sogno: Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (sorry for no photos of this), really made this dish perfect. The chocolate flourless cake itself is kind of like eating a block of rich chocolate, but the vanilla ice cream helps to make it a bit lighter. Loved the richness of the chocolate cake and would order this again.

Moscato Rose: We decided to have wine w/ our meal to make our dinning experience just that much more fancy and special. Loved the sparkling wine, as I am guessing would be more of a dessert wine since it is sweet and is a Moscato. I would love to look for this at Bevmo and bring it home.

During our meal, we also got some dinner rolls, which were always served nice and out of the oven like warm. The rolls were nice and crisp, crunchy on the outside and the pillowly white soft middle on the inside. Perfect for dipping in the soup we had and also in the pasta sauce.

Overall, delicious food, friendly service, pricing is acceptable (except for the $3 extra for 4 Manilla clams) but rather on the upper end for some of the menu items (which by the way, the menu has quite a list of choices to choose from). Would come back (make sure you get a reservation).

By the way, this place is located in the same plaza as Sports Chalet. The sign of the restaurant is written on a green awning, so you may miss the name of the restaurant since it isn't written in large letters. Parking is plenty and not a problem.

• Visited May 2013