“Really nice place to stay!”

Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Goleta
Massachusetts, U.S.
“Really nice place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

This is a great place to stay for a visit to UCSB and the Santa Barbara area. It is close to a freeway, but noise was not an issue.The rooms were spacious, very clean and well maintained. I am fussy about beds, having a bad back, and I had no problem getting a good night's sleep.

Downtown Santa Barbara is a short drive (not a walk) and the hotel is very convenient to the UCSB campus. As other reviews have mentioned, the breakfasts are very nice with indoor or patio seating. The food is cooked to order with a lot of choices. There is also plenty of free parking and the staff was very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SomtimeTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night in May as part of a road trip up the West Coast of California. It was OK. It felt a bit tired and run down but it was certainly clean and comfortable. Free Wi-fi and a nice balcony to sit on and a good coffee making machine were welcome. We stayed in room 228 which was perfectly quiet (I had requested a quiet room). Check in was easy and the complimentary breakfast in the morning cooked to order was just what we needed. If you need a place for the night because you are checking out Santa Barbara and want somewhere safe and clean and cheap then this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jordache1
Southwest Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

I'd never heard of this property and stayed there at the suggestion of my client, who was right down the road, and therefore this place was convenient for travel back and forth. I didn't know what to expect, but I found Pacifica Suites to be a clean, friendly and very hospitable place.

My room was very clean and everything worked. There were two big screen HD tvs, one for the bedroom and one for the living room, and both had a decent number of HD channels.

The grounds are beautiful and I absolutely loved sitting outside to have my breakfast and sitting outside when I returned from my all day meetings.

And speaking of breakfast, it is complimentary and delicious. Everything is freshly made for you based on your choice of what you want. And the chefs in the breakfast area were extremely friendly and welcoming.

Overall, I had a wonderful experience here, from the check-in process to the check-out process and everything else in between. As a matter of fact, I will be back with my client in June and will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tonypct
West Covina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

My husband and I happened upon this very unassuming place in Santa Barbara last year. We were unsure at first because I had not done my research. We were both pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room. So much so we stayed there again earlier this month. It has somewhat of a country feel with the plantation shutters. The bedroom was nice and big and separate from the living room which I like. Being on the ground level we had no issues with noise. The rooms were clean with nice decor. Check-in and check-out were easy. The freeway is very close which is a plus. We did not hear any freeway traffic at night. They had a nice complimentary breakfast with actual breakfast!

Room Tip: OK to check Priceline, but Call the hotel directly
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rsfloyd
Norwalk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

Yes, I read the reviews first and I knew about the traffic noise problem, but I did not realize it was so severe one has to ask for a room away from the highway. If you like to sleep in, as 20% of us do, and you get a room facing the on-ramp and highway, as we did, your day will start with nightmares of every kind of heavy truck and motorcycle in the Indianapolis 500. As they floor it to go up the on-ramp the noise is incredible and the room can even shake. I drove up this ramp later and you have a clear view of every room on that side literally only a stone's throw away, about 50 feet. I actually retreated to my car for a while, which was considerably better insulated than the hotel room despite being closer still. No hotel traveler should have to face this kind of noise pollution risk, so for this reason I would give Pacifica Suites 1 star, except that everything else was fairly nice, so 2 stars. The rooms were decorated like my granny decorates, with old mismatched furniture and all boring, lifeless brown tones, but they were large suites, everything worked well, and the free breakfast was quite good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway on-ramp.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Steve20W
deer valley, utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

Clean, accepts dogs, friendly, busy pool, and made to order omelet in the morning. We always stay here when visiting famly in town.

Room Tip: courtyard rooms with less traffic noise
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Santa Barbara, CA,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

Wife and I were here with 2 dogs while our house was being fumigated. Stay was as comfortable as could as could be expected under the circumstances; however, the one day we needed air conditioning it didn't work. Got a big fan and a reduced rate for the entire stay.

Location is near many points of interest but very calm and quiet; grounds are very nice.

We'd certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We were able to go by and check rooms before our y
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn
Kimpton Canary Hotel
Kimpton Canary Hotel
#6 of 51 in Santa Barbara
BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites

Been to Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!