“Disappointing experience”

Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our stay here was marred by our check-in. Having booked a specific suite type 10 months in advance, we were given a different suite from the one we had booked. When we spotted and raised this with the staff member concerned, he said that the notes attached to our room said that the AC unit was broken and there were no other pool side suites available. We were unhappy with the room allocated and went back to reception. A different staff member was more understanding and accommodating. We learned that there had been a corporate booking and it appeared that similar suites to our original booking had been taken by them. Whilst we were sorting this out, a couple turned up and were booked into one of the pool side suites. In the end, one of the corporate guests who hadn't as yet checked in was moved.
We thought this was all a bit unsatisfactory.
The hotel itself is okay. It looks nice from the outside, the public rooms are nice and the pool area is good (towels are provided). The pool side suite had lots of room but the decor and furnishings we're a bit tired (our view). The beds were comfortable.
Breakfast is excellent.

Room Tip: It is next door to the freeway so would suggest you consider a pool facing room. Our stay was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
PacificaSuitesGM335, General Manager at Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Catdax45,

It is always our goal to provide the best experience possible for our guests, and we are extremely disappointed as well that your stay did not meet your expectations. Your comments and sentiments are extremely helpful to us in our efforts to continually improve. We sincerely hope for the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with an improved experience.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is totally overpriced. The room is clean but .... When I first checked in, I asked for a quieter room and the reception gave me a room and upon driving to the room I noticed it was facing the freeway so I went back and asked to change, which she did. If you are like me who need to connect to work sometimes then this is not the hotel for you because my connection just kept dropping and couldn't get things done. With the amount this hotel is charging, I would expect them to provide the basic for professionals.

Room Tip: ask for room not facing freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bsymomof2

Dear bsymomof2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. As we welcome many corporate travelers, we understand the importance of a reliable internet connection for our guests. We have a very extensive system for this purpose, and recently found an access point that needed replacement. I believe this is what may have caused a problem during your stay, and am happy to report that this issue was quickly resolved. We hope to welcome you back again, and provide you with the exceptional service you deserve.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I chose Pacifica Suites for a spot to stay for my bachelorette party weekend. We had 3 rooms between nine girls and it was perfect! Each room had plenty of space and everyone was pretty comfortable (I mean, a sofa bed is a sofa bed, after all). The made-to-order breakfast was a great touch. When I'm back in the area, I would definitely stay at Pacifica Suites again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Allyn S

Dear allyn274,

Thank you so much for the great review! It was out pleasure to host you and your friends, and it is wonderful to hear that we were able to help make such a special occasion a memorable one. Congratulation to you and your fiancé on your upcoming wedding. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed just north of Santa Barbara for a wedding in Goleta, California. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Our expectations based upon reviews and website were met and mostly exceeded our expectations. The bed was very comfortable and plenty of pillows. The shower water pressure was perfect and the breakfast was delicious cooked to order and included! We made a last minute request to have the hotel shuttle take us to a wedding within 2 miles and they were happy to assist with our large party group. Thanks for a wonderful weekend getaway!

1  Thank SunshnLvr
PacificaSuitesGM335, General Manager at Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear SunshnLvr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. It was our pleasure to welcome you, and we are so glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had such a pleasant stay from start to finish. Kelcy, the front desk agent who checked us in, was beyond accommodating and so nice. We checked in quite late in the evening, but there was absolutely no hassle and we immediately felt right at home. The breakfast was wonderful and I loved how it was made to order. The chefs were very personable and answered any questions even though they were so busy taking care of orders. They had no problem customizing a meal item to out liking. The coffee machine was perfect and made a variety of fancier drinks at the push of a button! Not to mention the regular coffee was Coffee Bean, my favorite. When the breakfast area was crowded, the staff didn't hesitate to let us eat in the room off of the lobby area which was so nice. The rooms were quaint and comfortable. Completely perfect for four guests. Our housekeeper, Maria, did a wonderful job taking care of us. I loved how the bath products were Philosophy! I buy this brand at Nordstrom all the time and there it was waiting for me in my suite. :) Anything we asked for, the staff was immediately accommodating and we were never told "no". The grounds are so pretty and the property has a real community feel that is very welcoming. It even sits beside an amazing historical house that you can walk through and tour for free. What a perfect vacation! Thank you!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! We were right next to the pool and the breakfast cafe and weren't bothe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rachel,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It is our goal to provide an exceptional experience for each of our guests, and we are so happy to know what a great experience you had. Our guest service team takes great pride in taking care of our guests, and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Santa Barbara.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Didn't even look at the pictures when I booked this place. I just read the reviews and booked it. I didn't know it would be so quaint with pretty grounds (I guess I didn't read all the reviews). I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very nice with we checked in and we were greeted with freshly baked cookies.
Our room was nice and clean. The furniture looks a little tired but still functional. Yes, as previously mentioned, the air-conditioning was loud when it was blasting. Didn't get to have breakfast but I just grabbed a coffee and a muffin.
I would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

Dear SBATustin,

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Our beautiful grounds feature a collection plants and trees from around the world, many of which have been growing here since the 1800’s and have a great significance to our local history. We are happy to know that both our lovely setting and helpful staff made a positive experience for you. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have driven by Pacifica Suites numerous times on my way to UCSB. This time, I stayed there. Location is central to UCSB and great surfing beaches. Facilities were clean, quiet, and modern. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was friendly and highly attentive to our needs. Staying here made taking our son back to school more of a vacation than a chore.

Dear Steve,

We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the great review. It was our pleasure to welcome you, and it is wonderful to know that our team was so attentive to your needs. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is a favorite amenity of our guests, and I’m glad you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back and providing another great experience.

Tiffany Lesperance

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara
#17 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn

Been to Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!