The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
US$323
ResidenceInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus South Coast Inn(Goleta)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$183
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara(Goleta)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$203
US$221
US$211
Courtyard by Marriott Santa Barbara Goleta(Goleta)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$184
US$88
US$86
2,421 results
All reviewsbacara resortsanta barbarabeautiful resortspa cafehigh end resortgarden viewangel oakpartial ocean viewwine tastingwine countrylobby barocean frontthe entire stafffitness centervalet parkingtarpools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Beautiful grounds and beautiful setting. Customer service really needs to upgrade itself. My daughter and I checked thru Amex-Platinum status. and the front desk said that upgrade was not available and our Partial Ocean View Room was all they had which was fine since we checked in at 9:30 at night overnight stay, however, the room with better view next to us was vacant so were a lot of the room in better locations. I worked in the Meeting Planning Industry for over 10 years, but I was too tired to play the game.
We didn't have much luggage so we helped ourselves and found the door partially open and when we walk in the room, everything seemed fine. My daughter wanted to take a shower and wash her hair, and was missing the toiletries. I called the hotel front desk and informed them regarding the door open and we needed toiletries. Someone brought up exactly 1 of each. There was two of us, but I figured no big deal.
My daughter and I went to the bar for a late snack since we missed dinner, and I stopped by the front desk to ask for more shampoo and conditioner, etc. When we got back after 1-1/2 hours later, no toiletries, so I called again and ;this time 15 minutes later, the hotel finally bought some up. Keep in mind my room cost me over $750.00 for the night.
At 5:00 am, the room upstairs was making so much noise that at 6:30 am I called the front desk and informed them. The front desk chuckled and offered security. I told him it's too late for that since my daughter and I had to get going. So we headed out after breakfast at the Bistro which had great customer service, and I asked the front desk if we could have a couple of bottled water to go. She informed us that the bellman should have it already in our car.
No water, so I asked for it, and was told that it will be a few minutes since they were out. Eight minutes later, I asked the supervisor who was present at the time, and he told me that it will be another 10 - 15 minutes since they were in the middle of transition. I then asked if they can get me water at the café which is right next door. The supervisor answered yes, but I have to pay for it. I then proceeded to the front desk and informed the employee that I was told I have to pay for water and I've waited over 20 minutes. She offered to just get me water for free from the café, and apologized. Because the bellman who I tipped heard the commotion, he went out of his way running and got me water.
I never mind paying this much money at a hotel, but service should be there. I should never have to ask for anything or demand for anything. I will never stay there again. I did go over to the Four Seasons where my husband stayed a couple of months earlier, and for just being a visitor, I really felt the difference. I should have listened to my daughter and stayed there in the first place. My advice would be for management to really train the employees about customer service in a 5 star level.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MVLUN
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear MVLUN- I am extremely grateful you have shared your concerns with us. I apologize you were not met with the level of service Bacara represents. I value all of your mentions and will be working with my team to address. In saying that, if you have a moment of time, I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your time with us. I have sent you a direct message to acquire additional info. Your experience is certainly not indicative of our service standards and I am confident that we will meet and exceed your expectations should we have the pleasure to welcome you back to Bacara.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We went up for a mommy/daughter weekend with some other friends. It was my first time there. The views were amazing and the overall vibe was sooooo peaceful. We went hiking, sat by the pool and enjoyed our balcony every other moment. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Laura H,

It was nice to hear that the mommy/daughter weekend with friends exceeded your expectations.
I am very glad to hear that you were able to experience the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere that we have to offer at Bacara. The hiking trails are especially enjoyable as well. I hope you will have a chance to return soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Yes, Bacara is situated in a truly beautiful location, but it is the staff that will make your stay unforgettable!!! Merlyn Taggert and Melanie Lindall went above and beyond to make sure that it was more than amazing!!!! Daniel from Bell greeted us and made us feel very welcome! Richard Hollowell and Ethan made our dining experience at Bistro deliciously wonderful! Bravo Bacara!!!

Room Tip: Ocean View! Enjoy your Balcony!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear irene e- Our entire team works to provide exceptional guest service, and it is always a pleasure to hear thoughtful feedback. I will surely share with the team. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall experience. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our family again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is a beautiful resort with a series of buildings spread out over nicely landscaped grounds. The pool area was especially stunning with two pools, two hot tubs, beautiful plants, and a cafe and bar overlooking the ocean and an area of wild flowers and birds. Our room had a nicely designed bathroom, plenty of space, and a patio area looking over the grounds. Everything was plush and clean. Breakfast was very tasty but also expensive. This is a great place to just relax and stay for a few days, but there is plenty to do nearby in Santa Barbara if you need to shop, people watch or enjoy other kinds of restaurants.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear MizzouLizard,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Bacara. It was great to hear that you were able to experience what Bacara it truly about, the beautiful grounds, the plush landscape and surrounding nature. The view of the ocean is very conducive to a very relaxing atmosphere as you noted. I hope you will return to Bacara again if you have a chance to return to Santa Barbara.

Most sincerely,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I travel to Santa Barbara fairly often when we want to getaway for a weekend because it's only about an hour away from LA. We stay at Bacara whenever we can, and we always leave feeling so refreshed and re-energized. The property is perfect - very lush, great restaurants, right on the ocean, and the architecture it just beautiful. It feels like you're in a different place altogether, like a real getaway, even though it's so close to the city. The property is right on the beach, and they also have an amazing pool area, a bar, restaurants and a spa, so no matter what your mood, there is always something to do. The rooms are all so beautiful so even just hanging out in your balcony feels nice. And the service is incredible, unlike anything you'll receive anywhere.

I love the place so much I even got married there! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snazar13
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear snazar13- Thank you for being part of our Bacara family. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty and choosing to share special life events with us. It is a a true honor to hear your thoughts and you are able to feel refreshed and re-energized with each visit! That holds a special place in my heart to hear such things, thank you.

Most sincerely,