“stunningly beautiful and relaxing”

The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been to bacara many times. one would think you might tire of going to the same place. I cant wait to go back each time I leave. from the moment you enter the property you are treated like a vip....the man who parks your car, the front desk person, the person who helps you with your bags to your room, the cleaning person.............they all have a smile and work efficiently to get you taken care of......bacara is a great place for recreation and relaxation. I love to walk just minutes to the beach for a long morning stroll before sitting down for breakfast in the café with wonderful ocean views. I love the swimming pool, but there is bike riding, hiking, and golf. the spa is first class and the treatment people are excellent. the food is wonderful, whether you want a buffet breakfast or a burger or a fine dining experience. the bar is always active. when I arrive I tend not to leave the property. the rooms are comfy and well appointed. an ocean view will brighten your stay. but if you have more time, explore downtown santa Barbara or a trip to one of the best zoos on the west coast. anyway you cut it, your stay at bacara will be a great memory and more than likely you will return many times like me..........

Room Tip: I prefer an ocean view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear cabodave2011- Thank you very much for your detailed and thoughtful review! Here at Bacara, we pride ourselves on our dedication to guest service, so I am pleased you had an opportunity to thoroughly enjoy your time. I truly appreciate your detailed account of not only the resort, but the Santa Barbara locale as well. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was gifted a stay at Bacara resort and spa for Mother's Day and everything from the friendly and very helpful staff, lush accommodations, beautiful views and sound of the ocean, all lulled me into a peaceful and pampered state of being.
My girls didn't want to leave the pool. Ever.
Then, waking up to a song bird and the sun coming up on the water... I only wish I could have stayed longer and taken advantage of everything they offer, (so I guess I'll have to go back!)

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear GooseMB- First and foremost, Happy (belated) Mother's Day! I am grateful that you were gifted a stay at our resort. Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. The details you gave were absolutely wonderful. It is with great pleasure to hear that your family enjoyed their stay as well. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Truly,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara in late
April 2014. I can't wait to go back. The property is gorgeous, peaceful, the staff is totally professional, friendly and helpful. You want to stay at this place. Nice beach right down the hill, just an overall rejuvenating, inspiring vacation. It's pricey but it's so worth it. Santa Barbara/Goleta is a nice area. Thank you Bacara, see you soon!

- Hank & Nancy from Texas

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Henry E- Thank you very much for your kind words on your recent visit to Bacara. Your review was thoughtful and gave a wonderful description to the many outstanding aspects of our resort. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed at the Bacara resort for both business and pleasure. Each instance was memorable. The grounds are impeccably kept, the staff courteous and extremely helpful. In fact, the staff goes above and beyond other resorts. Bacara is perfect for a family with children without feeling like a traditional family resort. There's enough space for everyone, whether its to connect or hide. I've stayed there twice so far in 2014 and plan to be back this month. it's the perfect home away from home. I've also referred several clients and colleagues who have all had similar experiences. Top notch!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Ray S- Thank you not only for the superb 5-star review, but also the recommendations for our resort to your clients and colleagues. I am pleased you agree that Bacara is welcoming for both business and pleasure. I appreciate your time and sincerely hope to welcoming you for your upcoming travels to Santa Barbara.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

If you desire comfort, relaxation, exquisite scenery and top-notch service, Bacara Resort & Spa is the place for you. Everyone takes their time to ensure your stay is the best possible. The rooms are elegant and spacious and the grounds and views are breathtaking. A quick drive from to and from Santa Barbara means you can enjoy the city or stay in the tranquil surroundings of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear c p- I sincerely appreciate your sincere review of Bacara Resort & Spa. We always appreciate the opportunity to welcome our guests from the Los Angeles area. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We wanted to express our gratitude to you and your staff during our stay this last weekend. We were able to support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's annual walk and spend a fun family weekend at Bacara, adding to the many memories we have created at your resort. We were so impressed with the level of service and wanted to share our experience, especially at Miro on Saturday night. James Hernandez assisted us, and his suggestions for us were spot on. His knowledge and level of service was exceptional, and this was absolutely the best dining experience for us at Bacara in all of our visits. Each time we are ending our stay at the property, not only are we thinking of the next time we can visit, but our 7 and 4 year old daughters are now doing the same! We're thinking our 15 year anniversary in September will be a nice addition to our family memories.

Thank you again for the amazing experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Thomas S- Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your review was an absolute pleasure to read. I am elated that you and your family created- and will continue to create- lasting memories at our resort. Your experience is truly what we work to provide each and every guests. I have shared your review with the entire staff at Bacara. We would be honored to welcome you back to our resort in the near future. Again, thank you for your wonderful and sincere thoughts.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was our first time to the resort and we had heard from friends what an amazing place it is. From the moment we checked in and received a bottle of champagne and dessert for our anniversary with a hand written note from the general manager we knew that we were going to have a wonderful night. Our room had a view of the ocean and had everything to make you feel pampered. Robes and slippers in the closet, bottle waters and a full stocked mini bar and snacks. The bathroom was very beautiful and well appointed as well. We had a balcony that had two lounge chairs and a table and chairs that we had breakfast and our champagne sitting with a gorgeousness view of the property and the ocean. The staff here is friendly and asks if you need anything. We sat by the fire pits at night and someone asks us if we needed a blanket and water or anything else we could need.
The pools are so beautiful and have gorgeous landscaping and plenty of lounge chairs and shade.
We will definitely come back and bring our kids with us.
Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Top floor with fireplace in room and large balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Bookdznr- First and foremost, Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing our resort as your anniversary celebration. Your review was wonderful and we sincerely appreciate your kind words. Please do come back and experience a family vacation with your kids!

Bacara Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
#6 of 12 in Goleta
Harbor View Inn
Harbor View Inn
#11 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!