“5 star all the way”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Incredible service, your wish is their command. The rooms are gorgeous, the food is sublime and the pool is perfect. Nothing is an inconvenience to the staff here. Highly recommended for a couples getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear GiaNinna S,

I am truly pleased to hear that your couples getaway to Bacara was an experience that exceeded your every expectation. Your compliments about the incredible service and the overall stay will be shared with my team. Thank you for thinking of Bacara for your getaway weekend. I hope we will be your resort of choice in the future when traveling to Santa Barbara.

There are newer reviews for Bacara Resort & Spa

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have had a life changing experience with the Sky Ranch Fitness. We stayed at the Bacara which was amazing. All of our meals for the week were prepared with the nutritionist Even with the calorie considerations they were tasty and beautiful presentations. .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear estrellitamarinera,

Thank you for 5 the star review and your wonderful compliments about Bacara's Sky Ranch Fitness Vacation experience. It is a very popular health and wellness offering and many of our guests share a similar life changing experience when they partake in the week long rejuvination. My wish is that you have continued success with your health and wellness. We look forward to your next visit to Bacara.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful lobby with an enticing fireplace. Staff is well trained, courteous and knowledgeable. I love when a hotel or restaurant has a great staff as that really does make a lasting impression. This property is very beautiful, on the ocean with endless views. Rooms are nice but not luxurious. The food was very good. Loved breakfast on the outdoor patio overlooking the ocean. I would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: It's worth the splurge for an ocean view room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DonnafFboca,

Thank you very much for the very positive review and recommending the Bacara Resort and Spa. I am elated to hear about the lasting impression our staff has shared with you. I am very proud of the team at Bacara and our sincere desire to always provide an outstanding service experience to every guest who stays at our resort. We sincerely hope your travels will bring you back to Bacara soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I, then my boyfriend and I, spent a lovely day or two at Bacara within two days. Both times the service was impeccable, the scenery amazing and the experience lovely. There were a couple little 'missed spots': My wake up call never came, room service took more than an hour when quoted 40 minutes, and the people in the room above us felt as if they were dragging spike laden metal balls across their floor at all times, disrupting our peace. That said, if you get a room 'on special', meaning under $300, it IS both a family oriented AND romantic getaway!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on top floors or one level rooms only! Ceilings are thin!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dina711

Dear Dina711,

Thank you for choosing to stay a Bacara during your recent visit to southern California. Your compliments about our wonderful scenery and impeccable service are appreciated. I will be sharing your experience and the details of your review with my team. Hopefully you will be able to return Santa Barbara soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been dreaming of coming back to the Bacara for the last 14 years. I went there the year it opened and had a magical experience that I've been talking about ever since. Sick of hearing me talk about it, my husband booked our trip for Memorial day holiday as an early 50th bday present for me. I knew a holiday weekend may be crowded, but did not expect the massive groups that were there for a 2 day bat mitzvah, weddings, extended family gatherings, etc. Needless to say there were a lot more kids on property than I expected for such a high end resort. Maybe this is the new norm. The pools were over run by the groups and the hot tub looked more like a kiddie pool. The staff was stretched thin and am sure were told the events/groups were priority.

Also, we paid extra for a quiet room, which needless to say with all the kids was not really quiet. We also were supposed to have a garden view, but when looking outside the terrace, it was overgrown weeds and branches (room 9212 - make sure you don't get it). Not very scenic for such a beautiful resort.

I also thought the spa experience was ok, not great. The facial I had was amazing, but the scrub felt rushed. Also, on the first day there were little treats to nosh on like dried apricots, nuts and wasabi peas and on day 2 nothing. Some of the registration desk staff seemed young and not interested in interacting with the guests. I recently went to Woodloch Spa in Hawley, PA and thought that was a much better spa experience.

Lastly, we went wine tasting and I asked the front desk if they could help us ship wine back if we collected bottles from a few wineries. I was told yes for an extra $30 fee they would pack it up and ship. When we went to the desk on Tuesday to check out, I was told no that couldn't be done and whoever told me that was mistaken. Thankfully the concierge said he would contact a wine shipper and ensure it was properly sent.

It is a beautiful resort and I possibly would consider coming back on a non-holiday weekend, but my magical dream was definitely tarnished.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a quiet room - not worth $30/day.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jlryan64

Dear jlryan64,

I am saddened to read your review and find out that the Memorial Day getaway from the east coast was less than exceptional. As you noted, we were extremely busy, however this should not have taken away from your expectations about the outstanding service and experience we sincerely want to deliver to every guest. I will most definitely share your thoughts with my team. I truly hope you will think of returning to Bacara the next time your visit Santa Barbara.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at BACARA a few times and very family centric along with couples staying here. Property is well appointed they just got bought out by Foley family with winery ties. Indeed you get to the resort it is not likely you'll leave for the wknd. I would avoid any garden level rooms since there is a lot of foot traffic around the resort.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear calitravlerone,

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to Bacara. We always value the feedback we receive from our guests through tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our family oriented atmosphere. Also thank you for your positive note about Bacara being a true destination resort and place where one can truly relax.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

So, this gorgeous palace is set on the ocean...the pool is amazing but the yummiest part is the Sunday brunch. (I believe $25/e)...We stayed here the evening of our wedding and come for an anniversary almost every year. Try and get a great deal by calling the day of your spontaneous trip!

Room Tip: You'll pay more for an ocean view-if traveling with kids-I vote skip the ocean view and just wal...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Katie S.,

Thank you for staying with us at Bacara. I am elated to hear that you think of us on for your anniversary celebration. Your compliments about the overall beauty of the resort and our very special Sunday brunch are truly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit to Bacara.

Bacara Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
#17 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Harbor View Inn
Harbor View Inn
#10 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!