“Beautiful resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Goleta
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I loved the place. Was there for almost a week. A very beautiful location with a golf course near by. With the beach, there is a very beautiful pier which looks gorgeous in the night. Would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear saumyasingla,

Thank you for staying with us at the Bacara Resort and Spa during your west coast travels. Your 5 star review and kind words about our beautiful location and beaches are appreciated. I hope you will consider being our guest the next time you have the chance to return Santa Barbara.

Bacara Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I loved this hotel. I was visiting my daughter at UCSB and wanted to try this hotel. It has beautiful grounds, comfortable rooms and balconies with views. The place impressed me and I've stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels. This hotel is like a hidden treasure on the beach. I am glad I discovered it.I would definitly go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MARINE S
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Marine S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hidden treasure on the ocean. The Bacara Resort and Spa is a place to truly relax and enjoy the Santa Barbara coast. I hope that you will decide to stay with us every time you return to this area to visit your daughter at UCSB.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'm compelled to write this review. I just got home after only 24 hours at The Bacara Resort. I wanted to treat my good friend for his special birthday. Being a Santa Barbara local, I was able to find out what day would give me the best nightly rate. I booked 2 rooms and told the reservation desk it was a birthday event. That set in motion some pretty special treatment.

We got rooms looking overlooking the entertainment area, through the cascading pools, to the ocean where we watched surfers from our 3rd floor room (see attached photo). We also received a complimentary bottle of champagne and a birthday dessert upon arrival. We also received a handwritten note welcoming us to the resort. When is the last time you received that kind of treatment? I'm guessing not often, if ever.

Being locals we invited some friends for a sunset dinner at The Bistro Restaurant. Our party of 8 received impeccable service from our host, Ethan, and our server Sam. Both extremely knowledgeable about each item on the menu. I have to strongly recommend the Octopus appetizer. Normally octopus is dense and kind of rubbery. This octopus was tender and delicious. We all sampled it and were equally surprised and impressed.

The grounds were impeccably maintained. From our balcony we could see, at midnight, the entire pool and cabana area were pressure washed. My girlfriend woke at 4am and noticed staff filling the water level in the endless oval pool. I wonder how that guy got stuck with the 4am shift ;-)

Overall, best ever resort experience, and a must Stay Vacation Destination, if you live within driving distance of the resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael K
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Michael K- What a wonderful, sincere 5-star review! Thank you for not only a beaming review, but sharing details of your terrific time! I am so pleased you enjoyed the many aspects of our resort. As a fellow local, I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Bacara family in the near future. Thank you again for your review (and photos)! Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Truly,

Tom McLaughlin
Resort Manager
Valencia, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The first time I visited Bacara was for my Dad's 80th birthday which was in 2005. We have been coming back to Bacara every since at least twice a year and wish we could visit more often. Last weekend was my 20th overnight visit, so you know how much our family treasures our moments in such a lovely place. I cannot begin to tell everyone what a wonderful experience it is to stay at Bacara and we feel so lucky to see the beautiful scenery, pools, spa, staff, dining, etc. We feel like we are in another world. As close to Paradise as you will ever find, except maybe Italy. :-)

We plan on having my Dad's 90th birthday at Bacara with all the family and look forward to sharing beautiful memories in a beautiful place surrounded by wonderful staff and beautiful scenery.

Room Tip: Any room you stay in at Bacara is wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chiara32
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Chiara32,

Thank you for your loyalty to Bacara. I am very pleased that we are able to provide you and your family an experience that truly allows you to enjoy each others company and relax. It is our pleasure to care for all of your needs and exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you soon and hosting your Dad's 90th birthday.

Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Bacara resort is the perfect setting along the coast, beautiful scenery, pool, etc.. My only complaint would be that it needs some updates and some parts need to be renovated, specifically the Grand Ballroom and the rugs in the rooms need to be cleaned thoroughly. If and when these changes are made I would definitely come back again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear esimns69- Thank you for sharing your thoughts from your recent experience. Your description on our locale was wonderful! I also appreciate your thoughts on the resort and the Grand Ballroom. Your return to our resort is important to us, so we definitely value you opinion.

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We just returned home from our stay at the Bacara resort. What a beautiful place! I have to mention how helpful and kind the concierge was to us! Macy was so helpful and she suggested a terrific place for us to have dinner in Santa Barbara. We'll be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Nan S,

Thank you for allowing Bacara to be part of your west coast travels. Your compliments about our resort and special recognition of Macy will be shared with Macy and our team. We look forward to your next visit to Santa Barbara.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very reluctantly just left Bacara Resort after a stay of four nights. This place is heaven, the location is beautiful, the comfort , food and staff are second to none . If you want to be pampered from beginning to end then this is the ideal location

Room Tip: try to get a room not too close to the swimming pool as could be a little noisy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear lolberg,

Thank you for making Bacara part of your overseas travel. Your 5 star review and kind words about our resort,the food and staff are truly appreciated. I am elated that we exceeded your expectations in every way. Safe travels from the entire team at Bacara.

Bacara Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Belmond El Encanto
#1 of 51 in Santa Barbara
Montecito Inn
Montecito Inn
#17 of 51 in Santa Barbara

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!