“A Beautiful Stay”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Los Angeles, California
“A Beautiful Stay”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

In mid June I had the pleasure of visiting this resort for the first time. I will definitely be back! From the warm greeting I received when I arrived to the "anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable" attitude I received during my entire stay, I definitely felt valued as a customer. The property is lovely, and I appreciate that there is an adult only pool/lounge area. I love children, but sometimes you need a little quite. :-) The resort is conveniently located, so if you want to go wine tasting, explore Santa Barbara, go shopping, or just about anything else you imagine, it's all nearby. I would highly recommend a visit to this charming place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Sunshine80312- It is always wonderful to welcome our friends from Los Angeles! Your 5-star review and wonderful feedback is definitely valued. Thank you for all of your specific details that I am sure other travelers on Trip Advisor will appreciate.

Bacara Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
Deerfield, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I went up for our 10 year wedding anniversary. From the start we were treated very well. They upgraded our room to a suite and the flowers I ordered were there when we arrived. The room and all amenities were terrific. Also, everyone on the staff was incredibly polite and easy to deal with. The reason this vacation was almost perfect is because of two things. First, everything was very expense. The parking was $32 a day and the breakfast buffet $35. Second, there was a disconnect with the staff at the main restaurant. 50% of the time when we ordered, it came out wrong. Not complicated orders either. And my wife hated the guacamole at the pool. $18 for the chips and crappy guac. I know this sound's nit-picky, but with the money your spending there, there types of details shouldn't be overlooked. Overall, still pretty terrific.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve F
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Steve F- First and foremost, thank you for choosing our resort for your anniversary celebration. I am pleased you and your wife enjoyed the majority of your stay. I appreciate all of your mentions. Our parking rates are indeed an industry standard and many destination resorts remain competitive to this. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Cheers to many more anniversary celebrations in the future!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

5⭐️for this place ? Really those people give them a 5⭐️need to have a class how it 5⭐️level mean.

Well I will give u all then formation if u think I'm right or not. My sister in law was planing a trip for a weekend trip, she book a room at this hotel n I check on line the picture the look doesn't appeal me so I didn't book. I'm so glad I didn't book for the room.

Anyways I went to their room OMG the floor matte was so old n dirty n room so mall , all the sheet n stuffs n there need to change it so old n rundown. The toilet seat was old old old! I'm not a pet person so dogs are allow in the hotel. Really!

Dog pee on the grass ? Barking so annoying if u not a pet person .

Facility wasn't that clean. Restroom was clean n good
Lunch was ok service was ok at the area. But dinner was really really good from service to the good food n the view. See with this I don't mind paying , I paid over $1150 with tips for 7 adults n 3,kids.

But the hotel wasn't worst $450 a night. They need to up keep the n change every thing to newer.
Service was good ,
poor is only 3⭐️ poor.
Hotel it 3⭐️
price 8⭐️price.
If I paid this price I rather go to Vegas stay at aria , vdara , or cosmopolitans, so on. That we call 5 ⭐️

I will not wast the money on this hotel but on the restaurant at the ocean view u will it was worth it.

Stayed July 2014
Dear annieyesenniata- Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay. As a resort that serves thousands of guests a year, many whom return year after year, I know we are capable of meeting the public's highest standards. I will address specific details with the team. Again, thank you for your review.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This resort is absolutely lovely. Picture perfect, wonderfully maintained, exceptional
customer service. We rented a pool cabana during our stay which made the
pool experience very nice, I would suggest that even though they are pricey.
Food at Bistro, poolside and room service was very good quality. We overslept
our reservation for the Miro so didn't get to try that restaurant. The lobby bar had
good food menu and drinks and served late. The yoga classes and
fitness room were great. We played tennis and the tennis club and service were excellent.
Very nice hiking trails around the property. The beach is beautiful but is a major dog-friendly
beach as is the resort itself. This is a plus for dog lovers. However we took a long walk on
the beach and saw families with little kids playing in the sand and saw tons of dog-lovers having
their dogs pee and poo right on the beach and sand where families had kids playing.
It would be a turn-off for me to be putting my beach blanket on sand where dogs are freely
peeing. It was a wonderful weekend we only had two things come up to mention on the odd
or negative side: first we reserved a King bedded partial ocean view room through our travel agent and upon arrival they had a double bedded room for us. Spent 10 minutes at check in seeing what else was available. They found us a king bedded room but with a garden view. Still sorting out with my travel agent the fact that I still got charged for the higher priced partial ocean room. Second odd item is valet upon pulling up in our car to hotel, we got out and opened the back of our SUV and there were three valets standing right there who all greeted us happily but who just stood there
even when I said "our luggage is here in the back" they did not move. Myself and my boyfriend
started dragging our luggage out and putting it curbside. When we had two small work bags
left one of the three valets said "can I help you get those bags?" and I said "well we are done now..." it was really odd. Then one of them rolled up a luggage cart and helped us from there
but it was really weird that they were all standing there making us take our own bags out.
Maybe it's some liability rule or something who knows. Aside from those two hiccups everything
else was really lovely. I would recommend this place for romantic getaway and meanwhile the
place also seemed very kid friendly without being a kid-circus environment.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are superior as they offer best views and most privacy. There is elevator access...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear jill d,

I am pleased to read that Bacara provided you with an exceptional July 4th romantic getaway. Thank you very much for the 5 star review and your detailed comments. Our team truly appreciates when guests take the time to share their experience at Bacara. Please accept my apology for the challenges with valet upon arrival to the resort. Rest assured this is not at all indicative of the level service we strive to deliver. I will gladly take all of your thoughts and share them with the Bacara team. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Awesome with a capital "A"! Great staff!! Service is what the hotel business is all about and Bacara has that completely figured out. It's apart of the resort's culture and DNA!! My only regret is that my stay was a short one.
I will be back soon for sure!!

Room Tip: Contact them ahead of time if you are coming in because a special occasion and they will help make i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Martin P- I certainly appreciate your review with a capital "A"! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for reaching out on Trip Advisor to share your experience. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We recently spent 4 days at the Bacara Resort and Spa. The location is absolutely beautiful, sitting on the water with not only two nice pools, but also with beach access. We enjoyed a pleasant morning at the spa getting treatments our first day and then rented a cabana by the pool for the rest of the day. The waiter at the pool was great and checked on us often. We ate at both Miro and the Bistro. The views at both were incredible, overlooking the ocean and the food was delicious at both. We enjoyed the less formal atmosphere of the Bistro more and our waiter, Andrew, was excellent.

The location gave us close access to Santa Barbara for shopping and additional dining options on State Street and a good jumping point for a day in Los Olivos for wine tasting. We encountered great service by all staff at the resort. The bellmen were great, taking us on a cart to and from the room when we checked in/out due to the hillside property. They gave us a nice tour of the property on the trip to the room. The fitness room is a good size with plenty of equipment so no one needed to wait for machines/treadmills. They also have a very nice wilderness trail area for hiking.

The rooms are very nice, beds comfortable and everything is very clean. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are awesome, but the garden view rooms are nice and were priced more affordably. Tr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine C
Dear Christine C- I absolutely love your description..."Peaceful retreat on the ocean"! Thank you for your 5-star review and wonderful, detailed account of your stay. I am pleased that not only did you get a chance to truly experience our resort, but ventured out in to the surrounding areas for wine tasting as well. Again, thank you for your kind review and I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Truly,

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I just spent our 10th wedding anniversary at the Bacara, and everything about the resort exceeded our expectations. Every staff member we came in contact with, from the Valet to the pool guy, went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. The pool, surrounded by incredible Spanish architecture, with the ocean in the distance, makes for a setting that is close to surreal. We had dinner at the Miro with a table overlooking the sunset, and I had a ribeye that was probably the best steak I've ever had. Our room was super nice, with open beams and lots of light coming in. We had room service for breakfast. Make sure you get the lemon custard french toast. The Bacara is a gem, and we will be back with our respective families soon. You won't regret a stay there.

Dear ericpeterson,

Congratulations and thank you for allowing Bacara to host your 10th wedding anniversary. It means a great deal to the Bacara team when we are selected for special occasions. I am elated that we exceeded your expectations and I will be certain to share your experience with my team. I look forward to your return to Bacara.

Bacara Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
#19 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Montecito Inn
Montecito Inn
#18 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!