We stayed here for two nights as part of our 3 week road trip of the west coast. It's a beautiful location and the property itself is in good condition and looks idyllic. There are three pools, one adult,only in the Spa area. Everything thing overlooks the beach. The food is very good, particularly in the bistro and spa cafe. There are facilities with surfing, paddle boards on the beach for you to use.
Our room was a great size with a fireplace and a beautiful bathroom. The lower floor rooms can be quite dark as they are basement type or ground level has lots of foliage.
The staff are very pleasant and helpful and really added to our staff. The spa looks nice but book early as there were no treatments available.
The negatives are...it was very busy, And this is a big one, there is an oil rig off shore and this contribute to "natural factors" in making the beach have lots of tar on it. It is generally mixed with the sand in places Nd not such a problem in the water but if you walk on it it sticks to your feet like crazy. Even the baby oil and wipe in the tar removal kit provided by the hotel doesn't remove it all, so beware!
All in all a great hotel for a few days to recharge your batteries before setting off along the coast once more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara