“Wonderful Memorial Day Weekend getaway”

Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Studio City, Ca
“Wonderful Memorial Day Weekend getaway”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I can't say more about my stay at this hotel (especially over Memorial Day Weekend). From the overseeing manager (Cindy) in making sure that my 15 month old son had a crib/pack n play to sleep in to the more than friendly staff at the desk. The room was perfect for me and my family to stay in. The hotel was close enough to the zoo and to the wharf. Very quiet (although they were sold out for the weekend). The Grab n Go was perfect. Just went down the hall and grabbed some coffee and muffins and we were on our way. I can't thank them enough for a great stay. We will be back!

Room Tip: Bring shampoo and soap if you plan on staying more than a few days
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you for your awesome review of our property. We take great pride in providing our guests with an exceptional stay and memorable experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to know we accomplished that for you!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Santa Barbara.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I booked a king studio for a weekend getaway with my husband. We check in an the girl in the front desk does check us in politely. I thought it was strange she did not read back what time of room we got. I looked at the paper we signed and it definitely said king studio. We enter out room and the first thing I notice is the bed. It was a queen. I called the front lobby to confirm. And yes it was a queen. They tried to pass my king studio with a queen as if I would not know.
SHADY!!!!
They then proceed to tell me they had no more king beds and they were all booked.. (Really because I booked it 3 weeks ago!) and that they can't do anything.

Hotels.com gave me a coupon for future purchase because I did pay extra for my room (though it took several days and me hounding them for my coupon).

We spend the night and it was horrible. The walls were thin, the AC worked but made the room gross and humid, and to top it off the bed was soooo uncomfortable.

The next morning i tried to make coffee and the coffee grinds in the filter was clogged or something. When i opened it the coffee grinds exploded all over me. It truly ruined our weekend. We did not stay a second night and left the hotel.

I would never stay at : extended stay America ever again. I will be reporting this on Yelp, Tripdvisor, & Facebook. 1 negative experience = me telling everyone I know.

Thanks a lot of a memorable experience. Mags- so cal

• Stayed May 2013
I am sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was so disappointing. I am very sorry as this was definitely not a typical guest experience. Please know, at times we encounter overbooking due to a guest that extends their stay, which might affect how many, if any, rooms we have available. Still, I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sbn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Travellers are raving about these Goleta hotels

Santa Barbara, California, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I'm a local and needed a place to stay while looking for a new apartment. The Extended Stay was especially appealing because of the kitchenettes they have in each room.

Pros: Room was clean and comfortable, and it was great to be able to make my own coffee in the morning and cook my own meals. The heater/AC was easy to use and worked very well. The large flat-screen television and reclining chair were both nice touches. Their "grab-and-go" breakfast was all right, too. Also, it's pet-friendly, although they do charge an extra fee. ($25 a day up to $150.)

Cons: While it was mostly quiet, I could hear the sounds the elevator made, which was slightly annoying. The free wireless internet was quite slow. You could pay an extra fee for faster internet, although I chose not to. The worst part of my stay was the staff. One of the people working the front desk was very friendly, but didn't seem to know what she was doing at all. And the general manager was very unfriendly to me, whether I was asking for more coffee creamer or extending my stay for an extra week. I don't know what exactly I did to offend her, but she treated me as if I'd killed her cat or something, despite the fact that I was nothing but polite and respectful towards her. And it didn't seem like it was just me. From what little I witnessed of her interactions with other guests, she seemed equally rude and condescending.

Room Tip: If possible, request a room farther down the hall from the elevator. Hopefully that would cut down o...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your room. I sincerely apologize that you were treated unkindly. I am very disappointed that you left feeling that way and will work to improve our staff to avoid that in the future. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at sbn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any other Extended Stay America should the need arise in the future.
Walker, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Driving up Hwy 1 we walked in and got a hotel for the night. Only had 2 bed options. Small room. Once we were getting bed, the bed had a huge water spot thru the comforter and all sheets. We called the front desk and were placed in another room but it was a handicap accessible room which was quite a hassle with the shower. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered with your room. In response to your feedback I will be addressing this issue with my staff. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you are in town.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay, friendly staff, room was clean. Got there Saturday afternoon, check in took about 5 mins. The room was more then I expected. The room was spacious and comfortable. However, the bed was not comfortable. Felt like it was sinking towards the middle. It also helps that there is a great restaurant across the street.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Stepan S
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize your bed wasn't up to your standards! We hope to see you on your next visit to Santa Barbara.
Victorville, California, United States
Reviewed 8 March 2013

The hole staff made me feel at home. If you like in and out right across the street. Walking distance to Von's. Nice walking trail behind hotel. I do my own cooking in the room so the kitchenette is great. Rooms very clean,Landry room clean grounds well kept. It really was so nice
it helps to keep me from missing home.

Room Tip: Don't stay to close to the elevator or the trash room door slams.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Rick C
I would like to thank you for taking time to write such a nice review about our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest. Feedback such as yours tells us we are delivering on our commitment. We strive to provide a “home away from home" experience. We are honored for your recognition. We hope to see you again!
So Cal
Reviewed 1 March 2013

This was the perfect place for a one night stay in Santa Barbara. It was right in between downtown area and UCSB. I was very pleased with the location ( nice, safe area) and the outside appearance was nice. Inside the room was clean and newly remodeled. I had no complaints whatsoever.although, I asked for a non-smoking room but I could still smell a hint of cigs ... but I barely spent anytime in the room - ITS SANTA BARBARA GO OUTSIDE AND EXPLORE.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MariG117
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your review is very much appreciated by entire staff. It lets us know we are accomplishing our goal in providing our guests with a comfortable, clean room at an affordable price. We hope to see you again on your next visit to beautiful Santa Barbara!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 12 in Goleta
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real? Share your experiences!