“Great, new hotel convenient for UCSB”

Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This new Courtyard looks great and modern, with all the lobby features expected of a Courtyard. The outdoor firepit conversation areas are a nice touch in the courtyard, along with a small pool, and the place has a lively, comfortable feel. Staff are enthusiastic and friendly, rooms are new, clean, and well appointed with 2 Queen beds. Conveniently close to UCSB. Fitness center is well-equipped and has enough space to handle the activity.

Overall a solid and comfortable hotel stay in the UCSB area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Of course, things sometimes go wrong at hotel. This time they went REALLY wrong. I arrived at the Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta mid afternoon on April 1. Of course - maybe that's the connection - it was April Fool's Day and this stay was a joke - on me. The woman attending the front desk was clearly inexperienced. Instead of a greeting, there was a sideways look. Knowing the routine, as a a top level elite Marriott Rewards member, I gave her my name. She noted my status, etc. The room she gave me was on the second floor, not an upgrade, but actually a downgrade. It faced a large machine in a lot next door. I went down and asked about the location of the room. The conversation went like this:
"Is this the best room you have for a Platinum Rewards Member?"
Response: We dont' have any king rooms, nor any courtyard rooms.
Me: Don't you reserve rooms in advance for platinum member?
Response: Sometimes. But we have too many staying here tonight.

So, she moved my room to a "better" location: downstairs, adjacent to an entry door, on a parking lot.

I'll put in earplugs tonight and deal with it. It's not worth trying to re-navigate this.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank RMA626
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This Marriott seems quite new, and so everything still feels fresh. The locals tell me it's only a few years old. If the pricing works for you, catch this hotel while it's still young.

My room was well-furnished, with a bed and a couch/coffee table set. There was a pull-out computer desk that had been built into a wall unit. It was not narrow like most computer desks, so there was a luxurious amount of space. Weirdly enough, it had less useful real estate than might first appear, because the pull-out design was staggered. The bathroom was spacious. I'm not a big fan of the shower stall, though it was big enough to fit two or three people in there. The refrigerator didn't work during my visit, but I didn't really expect a refrigerator at this sort of hotel. A nice amenity and a compromise of the DIY age.

The staff was helpful and friendly. When the the hotel printers failed (during my stay, both printers ran out of toner), the staff helped me print my business documents on their printer. There was also a billing confusion, but the staff took care of it efficiently. I was here on business -- rather grueling business, in fact. The service at this hotel helped make the trip a little better. At this hotel you can expect professionalism.

There is a convenience shop in the hotel, open 24 hours. The café was either closed or sparsely manned during the odd hours I stopped by. There is a K-Mart about a long block down from the hotel, but the area is of course designed for driving, not for walking.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2013

friendly staff but it was pretty loud due to kids at pool. Could also hear everything in hallway - weirdly. Very very clean. I moved after one night due to noise. Maybe try to get a room away from the poor. Def. don't be near the elevators - i heard every single noise from it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Goleta. We were in the area for business and this is a relatively new hotel. It is probably the best option in the area. When we stayed there, it has only been open for a short time. The staff were friendly. The rooms nice, good linens. Convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here for one night during a college visit to UC Santa Barbara. It's only about 5 minute drive from hotel to the college. Lots of restaurants and stores in the area. The room was clean, and quiet (my pet peeve... I don't want to hear neighbors). Nice bed and linens. Comfortable. Would stay here again without hesitation. Large room and bath.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This is our go to place when we visit Santa Barbara and Goleta. We are "Marriott" lovers and try to stay at Marriott when ever we can. It is a new hotel and very nice. Out by the pool they have a wonderful place to sit and have drinks around a fire pit. Although it is always a bit to cold to use the pool, the pool area is very nice. Rooms have small frig and beds are comfy. Very pretty lobby and area to eat in with a little bistro area if you will for breakfast and a happy hour. I think you will be pleased to stay here. Hide a bed in room with King bed but with 2 kids it might be a little tight. We were just a couple.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the same room each time. It was off the pool area so we could just walk out to th...