“Worth the Time & Energy to Book Your Stay”

Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very nice, upscale-feeling hotel/resort. Visually appealing and an array of upgrades through the facility. We felt fairly "posh" staying here.

Love the hot tub and fire pits. Gorgeous outside facilities as well

Fantastic room - lots of space for my family of 4 to move around and fee relaxed.

Some kind of mix-up with our credit card on Priceline, that got straightened out. Also had an issue billing my room for breakfast and checking out 30 minutes later. The ordeal lasted about 15 minutes because the clerk had to manually entered everything i ordered into his register.

Would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Stacey M, Manager at Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Matthew C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are committed to providing the best service possible. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We will definately use your feedback regarding your billing issue for training purposes in the future. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Awesome family hotel. The courtyard and pool area is totally safe and beautiful for family to hang out. The hotel is very very clean. The bathrooms could use more places to hang towels/toiletries on the wall. There's a refrigerator which was awesome. We were able to use hotel dvd to watch movie. second floor rooms have great pool view. The courtyard has firepits where we ate dinner and had drinks our last night. Hotel has breakfast bistro which serves limited types of starbucks drinks and really good breakfast sandwiches (also easy on the pocketbook). They also serve lunch sandwiches as well as they have a bar open until 11pm. The staff was very responsive and very helpful. very very helpful. I was juggling a 2 month old and breakfast orders and the guy behind the counter packed up my things and helped me with it all the way to the pool area. Santa Barbara was just a few minutes away. Parking surrounds the property so we didn't have a problem at all. There was free wifi throughout which had great signal everywhere we went in the hotel. They had a nice clean gym and laundry facilities. the rooms felt spacious and not cramp with 2 kids and 2 adults. They had a mini store with drinks, chips desserts which didn't break the bank (decently priced items). Just overall a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Phenomena8,

Thank you for the wonderful review! Yes, our hotel has many great amenities. The outdoor fireplaces are a hit with many of our guests. The outdoor space with the pool is a great place to relax. Our Bistro restaurant is great, either if you would like to have a casual breakfast or need a breakfast on the run. We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed her sever times while visiting my granddaughter at college. This past weekend they more than doubled the rates to over $500 per night due to graduation, all hotels did. The room was again nice. In the morning while we were trying to get ready to head for graduation, my grandson was the first in the bathroom that morning. After brushing his teeth, while rinsing out his mouth he started to gag. The water smelled like sewer water. The stench was horrible. We had him rinse his mouth out immediately with bottled water. I checked the shower and it smelled the same, so no one could take a shower. We called and asked for bottled water to brush out teeth. They brought up 2 small bottles. What infuriated me was the, oh well so what attitude we got from the staff. After graduation and a lunch afterwards I returned to the hotel to speak to the manager. My grandson had thrown up during graduation and was not feeling very well. The young woman behind the desk replied. "We brought you water, it's really not that big of a deal sometimes the water just smells like that." Then the manager came out. She seemed a little more concerned after I said my grandson was throwing up and asked if I wanted to fill out an incident report. I asked if they had fixed the problem or had they rented out the room again for that day. I was told they were booked solid. So they rented it out. I am calling the health department tomorrow, Monday. For $500 a night I expect more than a bed. I expected clean water and to be able to take a shower. None of use could shower! Oh I guess we could have if we wanted to shower in the sewer!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank deb m
Stacey M, Manager at Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Deb,

Thank you for your response. I spoke with you at the front desk when you notified us of the sewer smell. Unfortunately, you did not have time to talk so I gave you my business card with my direct line to call me immediately when you had a moment to talk. I have not received a call. We did inform you there was a sewer smell outside the hotel in the surrounding area, but there were not any issues inside the hotel that we were aware of. Immediately after informing me that there was an issue, we inspected the water in your room since we take an issue such as this extremely serious. We found no issues in the room.

Please call me directly to discuss further.

Stacey Meyer
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is less than a year old and conveniently located near UCSB and the Santa Barbara Airport. Although average for its price-range, it has nicely appointed rooms, spacious bathrooms, and very comfortable beds with inviting bright white duvet covers. First floor rooms open onto beautifully landscaped grounds and patio area, and each has its own table and 2 chairs for relaxing. The spacious courtyard offers a pool, spa, intimate seating, and 3 fire pits among pergolas and market umbrellas giving this location the feeling of a higher-end hotel. There is a small bistro and mini-mart on site but no breakfast included with an overnight stay. I also found the noise level between rooms and floors to be greater than average.

Room Tip: First floor Courtyard rooms would be the best. If given a room on the upper levels, there is a choic...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cattylea,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities. Our Courtyard area is a favorite to many of our guests for some relaxation. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good location, slightly off the beaten track, convenient for freeway 101, about 10 minutes North of Santa Barbara, Very Close to the airport, but it's a small airport, not too much traffic, so not intrusive.
Staffs are very helpful, friendly and professional.
The hotel is smoke free, it has a nice pool area. And a well-appointed fire pit sitting area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Artycraggs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are committed to providing the best service possible at the hotel and appreciate the response!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Goleta. The rooms were very basic but very clean. The hotel decor was great and very modern. I would recommend a room on the 1st floor facing the pool. It comes with a great patio for relaxing. We would definitely stay there again when visiting Santa Barbara.

Distingwishman

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John S

Dear SpicyB,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am glad you were able to enjoy the pool and the Courtyard area. It is a favorite for our guests. Our restaurant offers wide variety of choices for breakfast and dinner and also offers a full bar in the evening. Also, I'm glad that you enjoyed the junior suite. They are my favorite. We provide keurig coffee makers in our suites as an extra amenity.
Again, thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We took a trip with our 3 month old from San Francisco to San Diego at the end of April 2014 and booked at two Courtyards en route and this Courtyard in Goleta was superior. We stayed in a Junior Suite and brought our own travel crib. It is a very clean hotel with a stunning if not rustic lobby area and a pleasant staff. They had complimentary strawberry lemonade and popcorn during our stay.

I was pleasantly surprised by a couple things at this Courtyard:

- The food at the on-site cafe was actually good! So often when you stay at a chain hotel you have to lower your expectations. I tried an Asian salad and even though they were closing for the night all of the veggies were still crisp and fresh-tasting, plus the salads flavors were on point. In the morning, I had a yogurt parfait and fresh-cut strawberries. This was excellent. It did not taste like cheapest ingredients or have a three-days old taste. The strawberries tasted as if they were from a high end supermarket. The quality of the food is definitely in keeping with local standards.

- The pool was actually warm. I've had many experiences where I'm at a beautiful hotel that claims to have a heated outdoor pool and when you get in it's like ice. So, I was pleasantly surprised to find swimming in this "heated" pool quite comfortable after a few minutes of letting my body get used to it. The front desk says the pool is heated to 78F, and I actually believe them!

- Although the bar is tiny they have real booze. I was able to order a double scotch, and it was served to me in a real glass that I took to my room. They also have a Keurig (or a Nespresso can't remember) with nice coffee selection in the room AND complimentary coffee in the lobby. And, the coffee is good. Even the decaf!

Overall, I would come back to this hotel again. Either passing through or staying in the area for more than an overnight. It is an affordable option in an area that can be pricey. I only hope they continue to provide an excellent experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear SpicyB,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, out restaurant offers a variety of options for breakfast and dinner and we also offer a full bar in the evening. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our Courtyard area. It is a favorite area for our guests to relax using the pool, spa, 5 hole putting green, and enjoying some quiet time by the fire pits. We hope to see you again!