“Extremely Noisy Air Conditioner”

Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
AZ
“Extremely Noisy Air Conditioner”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

If it wasn't for the noisy air conditioners I would rate this hotel 5 stars. It is a great place to stay. I've stayed here twice and I will not be going back again due to the AC.
Not only is it really loud in your room, but the adjacent rooms are noisy as well. It was hard to fall asleep.
They front desk moved me to a different room which was a little better since it was on the top floor instead of being surrounded by rooms in the middle floor with a/c units vibrating through the room, but still was really bad.
I had to lower my air during the day real cool so I can turn it off at night so it is a little better, but still wasn't a pleasant night sleep.

Having said that, the hotel is very clean, rooms were very nice. I always get the queen suite which is a large room with 2 beds.
Free breakfast is nice with a good variety each day.

Room Tip: If you get a room, try the bottom, top floor or end unit, one less air conditioner you have vibrate...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Zlomp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Santee, California
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Welcomed back as returning guests and honors memebers and treated well. Very comfortable and quiet rooms. Will come again when in this area..

Room Tip: Most rooms have an average view so no tips.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed a couple of nights at the Hampton Inn in Goleta. It's really close to the airport and was close to the places I needed to visit. The hotel is nice and clean. The staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. The high-speed internet worked well. The fitness room, while small, is very nicely equipped.

They offer a free hot breakfast. It's decent. There is a mini-fridge in the room as well. They don't offer dinner so you have to go out. The hotel is in "downtown" Goleta. There are very few choices to eat within walking distance. It's a $30 cab ride to downtown Santa Barbara. It's also a $10 cab ride to the airport. I was surprised they did not have an airport shuttle.

Overall, it was a good stay. They have all of the needs a business traveler would want. My only complaint was the noise from the in-room A/C heater unit. It was very, very loud and I had to turn off the system at night so I could sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kcchefsfan
Costa Rica
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great service, very clean, nice big rooms... But a little bit expensive for a Hampton....

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Glorimurillo
JoeHamptonSBGoletta, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
I wanted to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta. We noticed that you have completed a TripAdvisor feedback for your recent stay with us and we thank you for your willingness to help us improve. We are glad that you enjoyed the service, the cleanliness, and the big rooms. We are sorry that you didn’t find a value and you felt we were a little on the expensive side for a Hampton. We do make sure that we stay consistent with the area and the rates other local hotels do have. We encourage and love to get feedback from our guest on how we can continue to grow and get better I would love the opportunity to have you contact me to see if there was anything we could have done to make the value of our property somehow meet your expectations. My direct email address is joe.mendez@hilton.com. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward in having you visit us again in the future.

Warmest regards,
Joe Mendez
Netherlands
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The location and price is fine. Santa Barbara is close (by car) and SB hotels are way expensive.The hotel even looks nice enough(in it's category) but had a few problems for us: paper cups instead of a glas (environment unfriendly and cheap), terribly loud airconditioning on the roof (don't stay on the hightest floor), old bedding.

They tried to give us a high floor room and asked me if that was fine? I said: why wouldn't it be? No reason, she said. When we got upstairs the noise of the airco was terrible. So we got moved to another room... Twice.. Also nothing arranged for that it was our honeymoon... Being a hilton member I expected a bit more service then this.

An okay hotel near SB for an okay price. Don't expect to much.

Room Tip: Take a low floor
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ysnan
JoeHamptonSBGoletta, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
I wanted to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta. We noticed that you have completed a TripAdvisor feedback for your recent stay with us and we thank you for your willingness to help us improve. We used this feedback as tools to better our service.

I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations while visiting us. I know this can be frustrating and we do take pride in our service as being one of the top performing Hampton’s in the nation, with that said I feel that we failed to meet your needs and i want the opportunity to discuss this further.

First, Congratulations on your marriage as we do see here that it was your honeymoon. We normally do go above and beyond for our Hilton Hhonors members and set them up with either complimentary upgrades or/and snacks, I will be reviewing this with those department heads and see where we missed you, especially if we would have known it was your honeymoon.

Hampton is striving to go as green as possible and yes they are paper cups but are 100%Biodegradable. In the past we used to have paper cups that were not, as a matter of fact of all of our ware has switch to Biodegradable products which we are all proud of. We take this feedback you give us and we make sure that the company notices what our guest are saying to see what improvements can be made, we assure you that we are a work in progress and continue to see where we can improve in our friendliness to our environment.

I also wanted to thank you for letting us know about the third floor AC noise as we have not been made aware of this in the past. We will certainly be taking a look at this to make sure that we take care of the problem. I know this doesn't make up for your frustration but if you reach me directly we can discuss what else I can do for you, afterall we expect our guest to be 100% satisfied. My email address is joe.mendez@hilton.com. Thanks again and looking forward in hearing from you.
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We chose this hotel for a late-Christmas present delivery and visit. We stayed two nights at this hotel, and it was well-furnished, clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable, the AM breakfast was tasty, the location is convenient to almost anywhere in the Santa Barbara area. We will be back!

Oh, and the beach temperature was 76 degrees on 12/28!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GLADSENIOR
JoeHamptonSBGoletta, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
I wanted to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta. We noticed that you have completed a TripAdvisor feedback for your recent stay with us and we thank you for your willingness to help us improve. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you choose us again on your next visit to Santa Barbara.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stay at this hotel for about a week out of every month, and I've always had great experiences here. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that I have the best stay possible. They are friendly, welcoming, helpful, and all around great people. The staff truly makes my experience at the hotel exceptional. I highly recommend staying here, and the breakfast is delicious too!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family