“Best Best Western”

Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This might be the best Best Western in which I have ever stayed. Several elderly fraternity brothers and spouses descended on this place in late April 2012. Imaculate grounds, friendly staff, just a first class experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your great review! We hope that you can come back again for your next get together.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

The grounds and pool are just stunning. It is, by any standard I know, a fine hotel. .

But, the least expensive rooms are pretty small. I had a single out back and I wouldn't have liked it much smaller.

That in mind, you'll love it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the feedback on your stay with us. We are grateful for your compliment on our grounds and pool. We work very hard to keep them beautiful and enjoyable! We are sorry that you needed more space then our rooms provide. We are working hard to make the rooms more efficient and spacious in our current remodel plans and hope that you can come back to enjoy them!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms were comfortable and really clean. The girl at the front desk was nice and helped us find a great restaurant. The breakfast was crazy amazing, like the best continental breakfast I've ever seen. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012

We are so excited that you were impressed with the hotel, and also grateful that you took the time to let us know. We hope to have you back soon to enjoy the many great amenities we have to offer including our breakfast items.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

It is worth staying here just to see the topiary. The grounds are very nice and the rooms have pretty nice furniture. I wouldn't say it was all that great though. It is not worth paying more than the other places actually in Santa Barbara, if that is your destination. It is convenient to the airport and UCSB. I wouldn't stay here again because there was no way to escape the incessant noise of the freeway. The property is located on the frontage street and the freeway is right there at ear level. I asked for a room away from the freeway, and they gave me one in the back facing the garden courtyard, but there was no way to escape the raging noise. The heater was the kind that does not have the continuous fan - you pick hot or cold and it turns off entirely when it is done. The pool and hot tub area is nice, but I can't see how anyone could enjoy them unless they were raised with noise like that. The hot tub had so much cholrine that it burned my eyes from the fumes and I couldn't stay in there. The food was disgusting - the pastries seemed to have been in the freezer for several years and the egg stuff looked nauseating. You had to get a cord in the office to use the internet, and then it worked OK.

The only way to escape the noise would be to get a room facing the parking lot way in the back, which has a view of the parking lot instead of the nice gardens. With the rooms facing the courtyard, you have to lug your stuff all the way around the building some distance.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ostara864
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We are so happy that you were able to take advantage of the many amenities we have to offer, including our topiary garden, the pool and spa and our hot breakfast.

We are sorry that the noise of the freeway was a bother to you. It is across from us, but it is very rare that we receive a complaint about it so I was surprised to hear this. I am glad that the front desk was able to accommodate your request in room area, but I am sorry that this did not solve the noise issue for you.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed here during our family trip to Solvang and Santa Barbara.
Rooms were decently priced for the quality. Complimentary breakfast is really good and lot of variety. It has complimentary parking facility.

Room Tip: Choose the room with mountain view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank amkibu

Thank you very much for the great review of our property! We love hearing from our guests and we value your feedback. We look forward to seeing you here again.

Thanks again,

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 29 February 2012

unlike other local hotels this is clean, service is good and our room was very quiet.
We enjoyed it a lot.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ChefLuigiBo

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value our guests, and we look forward to seeing you at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We enjoyed our one night's stay here and would imagine a family with kids would love it. The grounds are beautiful and the pool area is very pretty. Breakfast was very nice and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I don't think you could go wrong staying here. It is not directly on the highway and we found it to be very quiet.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with a connecting door, unless it's someone you know. Noise travels through the do...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Discerningwon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 12 in Goleta
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn
Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real

Been to Best Western Plus South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!