“Best Place To Stay In Goleta”

Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at South Coast Inn when we drove our son down to UCSB, helped him move-in and settled at his new apartment. It is our favorite place to stay at the Goleta/Santa Barbara area.

What we like most regarding this property:
* Excellent Customer Service. Check-ins and Check-outs have been extremely smooth. Staffs are very courteous and always asked about our stays at checkouts.
* Beautiful grounds - nice courtyard and swimming pool area with sculptured landscaping. Staffs seen always tidying up around the courtyard and hosing down at the pool areas.
* Clean and comfortable guestroom.
* Decent breakfast with choices of both hot and cold items. When weather is nice outside, I have breakfast outside in the courtyard area, and sat inside at the breakfast area during the colder months when chilly outside.
* The coffee machine - I must admit that I utilized that machine at least three times per day during my stays. I will start off with Lattes, then switch to Espresso, then back to Cappuccinos. In the morning, I prefer to brew coffee from this machine as oppose to the coffee dispenser, even though one can get a fuller cup from the dispenser. My son will have a cup of hot chocolate before bedtime, while I will pick one tea bag from the assortments offered as a nightcap!

Room Tip: For quieter room, ask for upper floor room in the back of the building, facing either the rear court...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of us. We are happy that you really loved it here and that you think we are the best place to stay in Goleta (we agree, of course) :)

We hope that you make us your home away from home when visiting your student at UCSB. Please let me know if I can ever assist you with anything.

AGM

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Excellent location with beautiful landscaped grounds. The rooms are clean with very comfy beds. Breakfast has a few hot choices, but does have a complete array of cereals, toast, oatmeal, hard bolied eggs, yogurt and pastries. All of this is for a reasonable price for Santa Barbara. We always stay here when we visit SB.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
We are grateful for your nice review and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back again for your next visit to the area.

Happy travels,

AGM

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our son is a senior at UCSB. Over the past three years, we have stayed at the various hotels in the Goleta area whenever we are there for drop off prior to quarters begin or pick-up at quarter breaks; so that we would not be driving over 10 hours for doing round-trip on the same day. During these times, we have stayed at 4 different hotels within the vicinity, and enjoyed our stay at Best Western the most. Beautiful landscape at the hotel courtyard/swimming pool area, decent room size and amenities with comfortable beds. Choice of breakfast sitting area with either interior seating adjacent to the hotel lobby or external at the courtyard. There are three computers off interior breakfast area for checking emails, getting directions to places, or going on Yelp for restaurants searches, etc. Last, but not least, I LOVE the hot drinks machine, which offer choices such as Cappuccinos, Espresso, Lattes, Hot Chocolate, Coffee, etc. In addition, they have several choices of tea bags.

2  Thank Elaine L
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the great reveiw. we are glad that we are your #1 choice of all the hotels in Goleta. We hope that you continue to visit us even after your student graduates!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We booked this for 2 nights. I'm not sure why we didn't book a hotel in Santa Barbara itself, I don't think it was price. Anyway, it was good. Room was comfortable and clean, the guest laundry room was very useful, it was easy to find, the staff were helpful and the breakfast was decent. Santa Barabara is an easy 10 minute drive away. This hotel felt like a bit of a bargain.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and the value that our property has to offer guests.
Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was so pleasantly surprised by the Best Western in Goleta. The rooms were spacious, the grounds were GORGEOUS and the hotel staff was top of the line. For the price it has to be by far the best value in the area. Will absolutely return next year when I'm back on business. Thanks so much everyone at the BWP SCI!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you again, for the great compliments on our grounds and staff. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 805.967.3200.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here September 14, 2013. The hotel grounds and pool area are great. The room was nicely furnished and we appreciated the included wifi. The hotel is about 10 to 15 minutes from most of the great restaurants in Santa Barbara. There is a grocery store and strip malls nearby. For a hotel this nice, the rates were very reasonable. Our son goes to UCSB, so we visit this area several times during the year. Wish we knew about this hotel before. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We are glad that you found us and hope to have you back next time you come to visit UCSB.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

When visiting relatives in Goleta, this is a nice, clean, convenient place to stay. Most other hotels cost more. If someone stays longer, a discount would be a great plus. The staff will pick up and drop off in a 10 minute radius, a wonderful service.

Dear Guest

We are happy that you like staying with us when you come to Goleta and that you enjoy our free shuttle service!

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 12 in Goleta
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn
Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real

Been to Best Western Plus South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!