“Excelllent Price & Breakfast”

Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Fresno, California
“Excelllent Price & Breakfast”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel have a great location, the price is very good compared to other hotels on the area, the breakfast is excellent with a variety of food and in general the hotel is clean, has good conditions and the personnel is very friendly. Definately a good option!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the great review. We are so happy that you had a great time at our hotel, and we hope to have you back again soon. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Orange County Ca
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked this room for 2 nights, first night we were there the a/c did not work, after calling the front desk it took a 2 hours for a maintenance man to come look at it, he couldn't make the a/c work he then told us he would need to call someone from maintenance to come out. We waited an additional 50 minutes for someone to arrive. Once he arrived it was another hour, after pulling out the a/c unit and fumigating the unit with WD-40 he decided on installing a new a/c unit....excellent choice! So after being couped up in our room for 4 hours it was time to call it a night. The following day we noticed the drain to the bathtub (after I showered) was not properly draining and the fan in the bathroom was not working I brought all this to the attention of the manager on duty at checkout time his response was "well you did get the room at a discounted rate" Really?? Just because I get a discounted rate doesn't mean I have to settle for lesser service! If it wasn't for a wedding being held nearby you probably wouldn't have sold that many rooms (approx 60 rooms) to our wedding group. Lisa G.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are so sorry that you had some trouble during your stay. A broken Air Conditioner is never fun, especially during a hot weekend. I know that it can be difficult when something goes wrong during your vacation time, so thank you for being patient while our repair crew took the time to replace it. I also see you made a note about a broken fan, but we do not have fans in our rooms or bathrooms.....only vents.

I spoke with our Front Desk Manager, who said that he let you know that you "did get a room at a discounted rate, but that he could offer you an even further discount off of your room", which I show reflected on your bill. If you still feel that the compensation you received for the problems was not enough please let me know, and I would be happy to help.

It is a very rare occurrence for this sort of thing to happen, so I hope that you can stay with us again and give us another chance to provide great service.

Pinole, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here for our short Santa Barbara trip and I honestly wish we would've stayed a little longer in order to really enjoy this gem of a hotel. It's beautiful, has a nice breakfast lounge, the BEST breakfast you'll find anywhere comparable, a stunning pool area and the staff are incredibly helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Ana C
South-Coast I, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We do hear that phrase "the Best Best Western" a lot. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here, and we hope that you come stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Spring Grove, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The staff at the Marriott Courtyard was excellent! The room and grounds were very nice. The suite we stayed in was very spacious and it felt more like staying in a condo than a hotel. Thank you for making our stay comfortable and enjoyable!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Customer,
You reviewed the wrong hotel, but we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in the goleta dn Sabta Barbara area. Come back soon and try our hotel on your next visit. we are sure you will love it!
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My friends and I stayed here the last night of our CA vacation so we would be close to the Santa Barbara Airport. We were expecting just your average "close to the airport" kind of hotel, and were really pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spotless, the grounds were lovely, the hotel staff were welcoming, and the breakfast selection was great.

Room Tip: Ask for room near the back of the hotel 138 & 142 were very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and were able to take advantage of our great location. We are very central to the many things that this are has to offer, so our guests generally love the convenience. We hope to have you back every time you visit the area!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in Sept. From the start it was welcoming. The hotel is well cared for, clean, and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful with a sparkling pool. Our room was spotless, well appointed, and the bed was comfortable. We asked for a quiet location on the grounds, and it was very quiet. Our only concern was that the room door did not shut easily.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the grounds and the pool while you were here. I am very sorry that your room door did not shut properly. We have housekeeping check each door daily to make sure that they are all functioning properly, so this has been taken care of.

We hope to have you back soon, and please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Irvine, California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

our son was at UCSB and we tried various hotels in the area but gravitated to this one as repeat customers. conveniently located to local eateries. close enough to all major areas. very well kept, comfortable standard rooms. coffee/cappucino machine 24/7. good free breakfast with enough variety.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for making us your "go-to" when visiting the area. We appreciate hearing good things from our repeat customers and are very grateful for your business. We hope to see you again soon.

AGM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 12 in Goleta
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites
Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real

Been to Best Western Plus South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!