“Great place to stay for the value”

Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel quite a few times in the past year. The hotel is very clean, beds are comfortable, rooms have DVD players and microwaves which make for great movie nights before bed. Breakfast has a large variety of options for both hot & cold items. Great coffee machine that makes delicious mochas.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for coming back again and again. We really appreciate your business and we are so glad that you have made us your place to stay when in town. We look forward to having you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus South Coast Inn

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice stay, even with all the college spring break kids around. Pool was nice break for our 8-year old twins. Close to Santa Barbara where we attended a wedding, but not as expensive or hectic as the downtown SB hotels. All in all, a great deal and relaxing experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review. We really appreciate it! We are so glad that you had a nice and relaxing stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here with my sister for a birthday trip to Santa Barbara. Room was clean and spacious. Location was convenient, although if you are a light sleeper, road noise may be a problem. We ran the fan on low and it was fine. Breakfast offered a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Some guests worry about the noise from the highway, but since the hotel cement block construction it is very hard to hear from inside.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on a business trip....very comfortable room with nice bathroom - no frills....very clean hotel - all areas- although they are doing some construction/repairs, it didn't cause any difficulties...breakfast buffet was very good, lots of variety- although some cut up fresh fruit would have been nice in this very "health conscious" area....reasonable rates as well....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you think we are a nice and relaxing place to stay. We hope to see you again during your travels.
Thanks,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Because the resort where my conference was being held was sold out, I was forced to look for nearby accommodations in the relatively small town of Goleta. The Best Western Plus was a perfectly nice, clean, and comfortable hotel with a terrific price.

I was situated at the back of the property, which was perfectly quiet as it was adjacent to a residential neighborhood. The street it was on, Calle Real, seemed like it was one of the main drags of the town, so I'm not sure if the rooms towards the front were louder, but tucked back off the side street was very convenient in terms of parking my car.

Check in was quick and pleasant, and the map I was given of where my room was definitely came in handy to find it that first time. Not an amenity of the hotel per se, but I appreciated how close it was to drugstores, fast food, restaurants, and other impromptu shopping just down Calle Real. I didn't have breakfast there, but the morning I checked out the breakfast did look very nicely presented and appetizing, I was just in a hurry to get to the last morning of my conference.

All in all, if I needed to go to Santa Barbara or Goleta again, I'd definitely keep this on my list of places to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms around the back are nice and quiet with easier parking access.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HSUgrad03

Dear Guest,
We are so glad that your conference brought you to Goleta, and that you enjoyed the area. We hope to have you back on your next trip to the area, whether for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel was very well staffed, décor was clean and functional, outside area was immaculate. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of choices. Great value for the money, especially in this part of the country!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank philip m

Thank you for coming to stay with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here, and we hope that you stay with us again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Although this was an overnight stay, we would come back and enjoy the outdoor area. Our room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast items were great and the coffee was good. The front desk person was very helpful when we asked him to recommend restaurants. We wanted a restaurant that was on the beach. He recommended the Beachside Cafe and Bar. The restaurant had very good food and the view was spectacular especially at sunset!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are so glad that you enjoyed our property and we would love to have you back again for a longer stay! Thank you for your great review. We are grateful that you liked our grounds, rooms, staff and breakfast. Beachside Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants, too!!

Thanks,
AGM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 12 in Goleta
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn

Been to Best Western Plus South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!