“Beautiful garden setting in the city”

BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Goleta
Paso Robles, California, Usa
“Beautiful garden setting in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is always our go to Best Western when staying in the Santa Barbara area. It is an absolute gem. The gardens and the pool are a super plus for relaxing and having a restful time. There is a very good breakfast with many different items.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

South-Coast I, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,
WE are so glad to be your go to place when you are in the area. Please let me know if there is ever anything that I can help you with!
Thank you!
AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Santa Barbara, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel in the past, and this time was no different from past stays. The grounds and the staff are excellent, but the rooms are old and the air conditioners are quite noisy. They run most of the time because there are no windows to open. We usually opened the door during the day. The place is conveniently located to all services.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

South-Coast I, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear James,
We are so glad that you keep choosing us as your place for long term stays. We enjoy having you, and hope that you keep staying with us through the years. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and compliment our staff. We really appreciate it all.

Berkeley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here with 2 friends for 2 nights in Room 207. We very much enjoyed the small but clean pool, hot tub, and ping pong. It was great having access to a small fridge for leftovers and items from the farmers' market. Quick drive to Santa Barbara. The staff were courteous and responded quickly to requests (such as for more towels at the pool.)

Room was average but beds were truly queen size and comfortable. The mattresses appeared new. The a/c was quite noisy so I appreciated my earplugs.

Eating breakfast at the ample outdoor tables was delightful. I do wish the breakfast had more fresh, healthy items such as unsweetened yogurt (I could only eat the cereal, yogurt, and a banana) and provided reusable plates or at least composting of food waste and paper plates.

Room Tip: Second floor overlooking parking lot was quiet and enables keeping an eye on your car.
Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the pool and ping pong! We hope that on your next visit you can enjoy the water we have in the lobby, or from the vending machines.

Davis, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This property is well established with a beautiful central courtyard garden, and outdoor amenitied including pool, spa, ping pong and outdoor eating area. Rooms are being upgraded and in need of it. Room was average and dated. Bathroom small and cramped. New mattress and pillows were comfortable and made for a good night rest. Easy access to 101. Note to travelers: Due to construction, use the Patterson exit/entrance for easiest access. While we were there on July 4 weekend, the room rates were too high for overall value received, even after AAA discount applied. Since you cannot reside in the gardens, I will grade property as average for a BW Plus. Once all rooms are upgraded and rates brought into a more reasonable range it should move up to very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
South-Coast I, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you liked our property, and are excited to share our renovated rooms with all of our guests in the near future. We hope to see you again!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Just checked out of 147. Didn't realize floors were wet, hopefully from recent shampooing, until after I was settled in and finally took off my shoes. Too tired to room change.

Next morning clothes and cookies are all damp! Was wondering why I sweated and couldn't maintain room temperature. Someone would have to stay up and keep adjusting ac unit from ac to heat to keep room adequate temp and not 90 percent humid.

No fans in bathroom.

Staff was uncaring and just said I'm sorry and no concern to address anything or give discount. Not worth 170 per night sorry.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
We value all of our guests, and apologize that you did not enjoy your time here with us. It was an unusually muggy weekend here and to be in a room where the carpet had not properly dried after cleaning had to be uncomfortable. This should not have happened. I know that the front desk apologized and gave you my card so that we could speak about this.

Again, I apologize.

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stopped here on the first night of our US roadtrip so were exhausted after a very long flight from the UK and the drive out of LA. We were only here one night so did not get time to use the pool but it looked lovely as did the gardens. The breakfast was good, the staff friendly, the room clean and the bed comfortable and we would certainly return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We are so glad that you made us part of your road trip vacation. It makes us happy to know that we made a good impression and we hope to have you back again.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I choose this hotel because I was attending the Santa Barbara wine festival This hotel was Very attractive gardens , clean, large comfortable clean room. Bed was Extremely comfortable… So much so that I made a point to find out what make it was.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and had a great night sleep on our mattresses. They are the Serta Presidential Pillow top and we get quite a lot of compliments on them. We hope that you can stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

AGM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 11 in Goleta
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!