“A great place to stay”

Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Was there in late August with wife and two young grand children. First off, I believe it ia a litle cheaper than a downtown hotel but still easy to get to SB. The grounds were beautiful and very well kept. We had a two room suite which was vey nice...clean and well appointed (and I understand they will soon be remodeling). Pool was very nice with a hot tub that was actually hot!!
The comp breakfast was very nice although the seating area can get a bi crowded. Even some nice outside eating areas. Hot chocolae chip cookies in the afternoon.

The staff were all very nic, polite and anxious to help. We'd certainly go back!!

Room Tip: Insid courtyard was the best
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and our amenities. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you!

Marissa

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The room was somewhat outdated, but other than that we really liked the hotel. Nice pool, hot tub, garden, there is a laundry facility, breakfast is very good, friendly staff.
Please note that if you are looking for a central location, this is not the place for you. It is close to the 101, but you need to drive few exits to get to Santa Barbara, there are not too many dinning and shopping options around.
Overall we liked the hotel, and parking in Santa Barbara is not a big deal.

Room Tip: There are two floors (no elevator) in 2 or 3 buildings, and a good room in this case is really a mat...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ls74
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the many amenities that our property has to offer. I hope that you will visit us again soon so you can see some of our remodeled rooms. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'll start with the hotel. Nice pool and hot tub, beds are great, gardens look good, breakfast was good, furthest room only about a 2 minute walk from the lobby, nice gym and I could go on. Very good hotel and I would recommend.

But, and it's a big but, the location is far out. I am aware there is public transport but we couldn't find it and it didn't look like it ran often outside of peak times in the day. The taxi fare was $50 (!!!!!!!) one way from the Amtrak station (by the pier and beach) and for that made the hotel not so amazing and reasonably priced.

If you don't mind the fare and/or mediocre public transport or are visiting Goleta and not SB, this hotel is very good. However if you are in or visiting SB, try and find something else closer to the city.

The hotel would get 5* if it wasn't for the location...great value for money.

Room Tip: Try and ask to be closer to the lobby, the walk between the rooms furthest away can be slightly tedi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy that you enjoyed the amenities that our property has to offer. If you do decide to stay with us again, we do have a complimentary shuttle that runs to the UCSB bus loop, which has a direct line that goes to downtown Santa Barbara. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have stayed here several times while visiting UCSB and also as our headquarters for some serious hiking in Santa Barbara. LOVE the breakfast--they have a huge variety of items, including these delicious small omelettes--so good.

Beds are super comfortable, hot tub and pool perfect.

For my money, this is the BEST hotel along Calle Real. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your nice review. I am happy to hear that you love our property and enjoy our breakfast. Thank you so much and I hope that you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel has very comfortable beds, beautiful gardens, beautiful rooms and very accommodating staff. The pool and jacuzzi are warm and in a lovely setting. Shuttle from train and UCSB. Gym and laundry and more cost effective than Santa Barbara. I loved my stay here! The breakfast was better than most continentals.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hope to see rooms remodeled and modernized to match quality of lobby and eating area. Rooms are small altho quiet and clean; mattress is comfortable; bathroom area is small and dated, and grout on bathroom floor needs to be re-done if remodel does not take place. Flooring in front of counter is newer, but has old tile in bathroom with grout that has turned dark. Did appreciate the small touch of a magnetized corner of shower curtain, which keeps it attached to tub instead of in the way or sticking to your skin. Not sure if there was a fan system in bathroom, did not hear any but someone told me that hotels have central systems now instead of individual fans? A/C did pipe in thru vent, so not sure how fan worked? Pricing is better than other hotels in area, but an update is needed. Location good with colleges, many restaurants, drugstores, etc, nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased that you found your rooms to be quiet and clean and our beds comfortable. I hope that you will stay with us again as we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

A bit on the pricy side, this hotel is close to UC Santa Barbara and only about an 8 minute drive away. The building is very well maintained and seems fairly new. They were in the process of renovating or repairing while we were there as we could hear construction noise, but it didn't interfere with our stay as all construction was finished by 4PM each day.

The room was large, clean, and the bed firm and comfortable. I would give it 5 stars except for two items. A small issue is that the bathroom does not have an exhaust fan. I guess local building codes don't require it, but the shower steam has nowhere to go except into the room.

Many motels / hotels have gone to "free" breakfasts, and this one had one too. Unfortunately, it was a spread of frozen items. There were two hot dishes, a breakfast frittata, and either bacon or sausage depending upon the day. The egg frittatas were institutional and identical. Yogurt, apples and bananas were available. The rest of the menu was a variety of various carb items. It may have been free, but it was uninspired.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and our grounds. I am pleased to let you know that we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms including the restrooms and the new floor plan will include more space in the restroom area. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope that you will visit us again soon!