“Awkward parking; pool closed; no discount”
Review of Studio 6 Gorman

Studio 6 Gorman
Studio 6 Gorman
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gorman
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I made a reservation at this motel, because it had a pool, which my grandchildren would enjoy. Guess what, the pool was closed due to 'maintenance issues'. I asked for a 10% discount, but no: I paid for the room. the pool was free.

Also, parking is awkward; a long walk from the car to the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mercator123456
There are newer reviews for Studio 6 Gorman

Reviewed 28 March 2011

The alternator to my car gave out at night while I was on I-5 N. Luckily there was this Econolodge I was able to pull into for the night. The clerk gave me room 211. The room was clean, however, the T.V. did not work, the heater made loud noises, and the wireless internet did not work either. I told the clerk about the room and he replies "What do you want to do?" Seriously, I thought, isn't it obvious? So I told him I want another room and he gave it to me, room 211. This room was much better and had a balcony, but the wireless internet did not work here either. The next morning I was able to use the wireless internet at the lobby, but it was extremely slow. I checked out and I had my car out in the parking lot positioned in a way so that the tow truck can load it easily, but at the same time I was taking two parking spaces in an empty parking lot. Because of this, the clerk called the cops on me. When the police arrived, I simply told him I was waiting for a tow truck and he left me alone. The nerve of that clerk to call the cops on me when I had just checked out. So don't stay at this motel, just keep going north to the next exit where you will find a Motel 6 and a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
econolodgegormanca, Webmaster at Studio 6 Gorman, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Although they are from 2011, I’m sorry that your experience with us was not better. We sincerely apologize that we did not provide a better experience, and we assure you that every aspect of this property has changed and improved since then. I hope you will try us again if the need arises.

Reviewed 15 September 2009

Normally we don't stay at Econo Lodge. In Gorman, Lady Luck was on our side. This facility apparently was constructed as an upper-end motel in the '60s and the rooms reflect this individuality. The cleanliness was nothing short of immaculate. The restaurant attached to the site, the Ranch House (?), was an excellent value. We absolutely will stay here again. The price? Seriously a deal for what we received.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for these kind and pleasant comments. It’s a pleasure to provide such great accommodations to guests like you. We have a strong commitment to customer service and always have. I hope you have stayed with us since these comments and intended to stay with us many more times. Repeat guests like you make this business a joy.

Reviewed 18 July 2008

I turned off of I-5 and to use the restroom at the Carl's Jr next to the Gorman Lodge. I did not even know that the Gorman Lodge was a hotel. There were no cars anywhere near the place. The trees and grass were unkept and nearly dead. The paint, windows, and walkways were in miserable condition. It looked like a set for a low budget horror movie. Is this place actually open? !! I am glad it was daytime when I went by - it was frightening enough then.

• Stayed: June 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for these comments even though you did not choose to stay with us. Our hotel has always been clean, comfortable and a great value, but we have recently improved most aspects of the property and are providing a better experience than ever. We sincerely appreciate all comments, and we hope you’ll consider staying with us if you pass this way again.

Reviewed 15 January 2008

We found this hotel to be of good value. They had the lowest rate in the area. They had a clean and quiet room. We reserved at the Econo Lodge on our way to Disney Land, and on our way back to the Bay area we were too tired to drive all the way back and so we checked in at the Econo Lodge again.
We saved $$$ on our trip staying at this hotel, an extra tank of gas. The place is clean, safe and helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank pacific_surfer71
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Last minute decision to stay at this motel. Should have checked here first. This place was the dirtiest, nastiest place I have ever paid (twice) to stay. Had to clean the toilet to use it. Didn't use anything else in the bathroom because it was disgusting. The area where we checked in wasn't bad looking and deceptive when viewed online because the room was so bad. How hard would it be to have half a dozen rooms with decent furnishings and somewhat clean, in a motel that does so little business. How hard is it to know when something should be cleaned? As for paying twice, it only took three weeks for the corporate office to refund the second charge on my credit card bill. But they did fix that. Of course the night manager didn't speak English or Spanish so well, that was the excuse for it being so down right filthy. I don't know how this place is even open and hasn't been shut down by the local health department.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank Momca

Dear Guest,

We’re writing today to thank you for taking time to comment about this property and let you know that our clean, comfortable and affordable hotel is now better than ever. While we may have fallen short of some expectations in the past, we strive to provide 100 percent customer satisfaction these days, and that’s a goal we’re meeting in most cases. I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 23 August 2006

We stayed at this Econo Lodge property on the very early morning of 8/19. We'd been driving for six hours and this was the only location that had a vacancy (we'd checked the last five exits off of I-5 and nothing else was available). It was 5:00am and we were too tired to care where we stayed, really... we just needed to sleep.

The woman at the check-in desk offered me $89 for a room based on having a valid travel agent id, but I'm sure they'd have offered that price to anybody at five in the morning to make a quick buck. I believe the regular rate was $99 or $109. She asked me if I wanted one bed or two.. I said that one was fine. She offered me a room with two beds in it and advised me that one of the beds was broken and "I'd know which one was broken right away". I thought to myself.. okay!

Upon arrival to our room on the 2nd floor, we didn't inspect too much.. we used the restroom and climbed straight into bed (after a quick once-over to ensure nothing was visibly crawling anywhere). I turned on the air conditioner to drown out any noise from I-5 and sunk into a rock-like slumber.

When we woke up, we realized just how bad this place was. Missing ceiling tiles, the electrical outlets were falling out of the walls, the bathroom sink counter was severely broken (while leaning over the counter to brush my teeth it seemed as if it were hanging by a thread), the grout in the shower was nonexistant around the tap, showerhead and hot/cold nozzles... they were just sticking out of the wall uncovered. The floors didn't look vacuumed, and there were random holes in the walls here and there. I can say that I didn't encounter any bugs of any kind during our brief, 6 hour stay.. but then again, we didn't stick around to find out.

When I was checking out, the man at the front counter was trying to make a joke with me.. I was advising him that I was there to check out, and he said, "You can't." I, still a little sleep deprived, queried, "Why is that?" He replied, "Because that would mean that you didn't like us!" and asked me if I enjoyed my stay, etc. He was so very proud of his property, that I didn't have the heart to tell him no; as all I did was sleep for a few hours.

I certainly didn't go into the place expecting a five star resort... so if this is what you're looking for, definitely keep driving!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jennifer M

Dear Guest,

It’s been years since you left these comments for us, and I’m writing to let you know that you’ll find a much different experience if you come this way again. While we fell short of expectations in some cases in the past, we’re strive for and often achieving complete customer satisfaction now. We’re better than ever, and it shows in everything we do.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorman
Motel 6 Lebec
Best Western Liberty Inn
Castaic Inn
Castaic Inn
#1 of 3 in Castaic

Been to Studio 6 Gorman? Share your experiences!