“A Place we Stay on our way to San Diego”
Review of Studio 6 Gorman

Studio 6 Gorman
Studio 6 Gorman
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gorman
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We have discovered this Econo Lodge in Gorman where we can stay about half way on our 400 mile trip to San Diego to visit our childfren.

The place is clean and the front desk people are friendly.

The downside is they do not have a complimentary breakfast like most Choice Hotels properties. There are two restaurants on the property, plus a Carl's Jr and McDonald's nearby.

The Econo Lodge is right along I-5. That is convenient.

Room Tip: I suggest a room on the Gorman Post Road side; they are quieter than the rooms on the I-5 side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnDeereJim

Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

Me and my fiance stayed here after driving for 6 hours and were both wanting to crash for a few hours.... When checking in we were not informed of check out time or anything.. the man behind the counter seemed more interested in the tv than us... When we found our room we were surprised by the size and cleanliness of the room... Down side NO air and it was close to 100 outside... Tried to call the desk but no answer... When I told the man when we checked out he didn't seem to concerned. Don't think we'll be going back ever!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jill B
econolodgegormanca, Webmaster at Studio 6 Gorman, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you found the rooms clean and spacious. I’m sorry that the air conditioning was malfunctioning, however. I’m sure we could have moved you to a different room. In any case, I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short of your expectations and hope you will reconsider and try us again if ever in the area again.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I made a reservation at this motel, because it had a pool, which my grandchildren would enjoy. Guess what, the pool was closed due to 'maintenance issues'. I asked for a 10% discount, but no: I paid for the room. the pool was free.

Also, parking is awkward; a long walk from the car to the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mercator123456
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The alternator to my car gave out at night while I was on I-5 N. Luckily there was this Econolodge I was able to pull into for the night. The clerk gave me room 211. The room was clean, however, the T.V. did not work, the heater made loud noises, and the wireless internet did not work either. I told the clerk about the room and he replies "What do you want to do?" Seriously, I thought, isn't it obvious? So I told him I want another room and he gave it to me, room 211. This room was much better and had a balcony, but the wireless internet did not work here either. The next morning I was able to use the wireless internet at the lobby, but it was extremely slow. I checked out and I had my car out in the parking lot positioned in a way so that the tow truck can load it easily, but at the same time I was taking two parking spaces in an empty parking lot. Because of this, the clerk called the cops on me. When the police arrived, I simply told him I was waiting for a tow truck and he left me alone. The nerve of that clerk to call the cops on me when I had just checked out. So don't stay at this motel, just keep going north to the next exit where you will find a Motel 6 and a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Although they are from 2011, I’m sorry that your experience with us was not better. We sincerely apologize that we did not provide a better experience, and we assure you that every aspect of this property has changed and improved since then. I hope you will try us again if the need arises.

Reviewed 15 September 2009

Normally we don't stay at Econo Lodge. In Gorman, Lady Luck was on our side. This facility apparently was constructed as an upper-end motel in the '60s and the rooms reflect this individuality. The cleanliness was nothing short of immaculate. The restaurant attached to the site, the Ranch House (?), was an excellent value. We absolutely will stay here again. The price? Seriously a deal for what we received.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for these kind and pleasant comments. It’s a pleasure to provide such great accommodations to guests like you. We have a strong commitment to customer service and always have. I hope you have stayed with us since these comments and intended to stay with us many more times. Repeat guests like you make this business a joy.

Reviewed 18 July 2008

I turned off of I-5 and to use the restroom at the Carl's Jr next to the Gorman Lodge. I did not even know that the Gorman Lodge was a hotel. There were no cars anywhere near the place. The trees and grass were unkept and nearly dead. The paint, windows, and walkways were in miserable condition. It looked like a set for a low budget horror movie. Is this place actually open? !! I am glad it was daytime when I went by - it was frightening enough then.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for these comments even though you did not choose to stay with us. Our hotel has always been clean, comfortable and a great value, but we have recently improved most aspects of the property and are providing a better experience than ever. We sincerely appreciate all comments, and we hope you’ll consider staying with us if you pass this way again.

Reviewed 15 January 2008

We found this hotel to be of good value. They had the lowest rate in the area. They had a clean and quiet room. We reserved at the Econo Lodge on our way to Disney Land, and on our way back to the Bay area we were too tired to drive all the way back and so we checked in at the Econo Lodge again.
We saved $$$ on our trip staying at this hotel, an extra tank of gas. The place is clean, safe and helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pacific_surfer71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorman
Motel 6 Lebec
Motel 6 Lebec
#4 of 4 in Lebec
Ramada Limited Lebec
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge

Been to Studio 6 Gorman? Share your experiences!