“Drive the extra few miles”
Review of Studio 6 Gorman

Studio 6 Gorman
Studio 6 Gorman
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gorman
Santa Rosa, California
“Drive the extra few miles”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We found this motel to be over priced for what you got. The rooms were old. They seemed clean but very wore out. The shower water fixtures didn't work correctly. Hard to get water adjusted. TV remote didn't work without getting up and moving closer to TV, No coffee in the rooms or complimentary breakfast. The front desk was friendly. Didn't see any other staff on site. Two restaurants on site. The one we chose wasn't very good and over priced for what you got. We were up and out of there very very early. We will diffidently drive the few extra miles to the next spot in the road on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dianarose2452
econolodgegormanca, Webmaster at Studio 6 Gorman, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to leave feedback. I’m sorry that we did not completely meet your needs during this trip. While dozens of guests are satisfied each week, a few are not -- and we’re very sorry that you were among the guests we could not satisfy. We will use your comments as part of our continuous improvement process, so they are very valuable to us.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Monterey, California
Reviewed 12 April 2013

If you are looking for a Best Western level of motel this is not the place. However, we found it to be substantial for the low price of 50 dollars and the location , availability of rooms and the choice of rooms to be worth a quick overnight stay on the way to or from destinations north and south on interstate 5. It is a 1950's style motel, with big rooms, red carpets, rosewood style furniture. We found some of the beds deplorable ( old and sagging) but the rooms were clean, the bath big and clean, and the air conditioning working well. The caprice style decor and some wall damage in the rooms took away from the quality up grades that have been installed. Film crews stay here in mass at times when shooting films in these mountains. Found the Mexican restaurant to be good, but did not care for the American style food one. Both are attacjhed to this motel. Compared to the sleazy motels further north, I'd stay here anytime.

Room Tip: Call motel direct for best rates and use AARP or AAA.Look at room before choosing and if you do not...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BadReallyBad
South Lake Tahoe, California
Reviewed 14 March 2013

It's a room. In a run down motel along I-5 with thin walls, a noisy AC/heater unit, 'wif-fi' that can't access the internet and 2 nasty restaurants on site.

This was probably nice, once upon a time. Probably. Not any more.

Now it's a creaky, leaky mess of a place in the middle of nowhere. The towels were thin and stained, the sheets rough and the bead spreads are scary dirty. I mean scary dirty - shiny on the top, pilled and black on the bottom. The pillows were unbelievably old and thin. The lone maid was still cleaning rooms at 6 pm.

The pool has been closed for months. There was a cold pot of bitter coffee in the morning and nothing else. The restaurants on site are dirty beyond belief (the roof on the Mexican place was leaking in 5 places and there were sugar ants walking all over the front counter). We left first thing in the morning and didn't look back.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Keep going, spend a few dollars more somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monarch B
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We sincerely appreciate you taking time to offer your feedback. While most guests are satisfied with the great combination of value and customer service we provide, we understand that sometimes guests are not satisfied. I hope you will try us again when in the area again. We’re always improving and evolving.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Gorman hotels

Atwater, CA
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We have discovered this Econo Lodge in Gorman where we can stay about half way on our 400 mile trip to San Diego to visit our childfren.

The place is clean and the front desk people are friendly.

The downside is they do not have a complimentary breakfast like most Choice Hotels properties. There are two restaurants on the property, plus a Carl's Jr and McDonald's nearby.

The Econo Lodge is right along I-5. That is convenient.

Room Tip: I suggest a room on the Gorman Post Road side; they are quieter than the rooms on the I-5 side.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnDeereJim
Visalia, California
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

Me and my fiance stayed here after driving for 6 hours and were both wanting to crash for a few hours.... When checking in we were not informed of check out time or anything.. the man behind the counter seemed more interested in the tv than us... When we found our room we were surprised by the size and cleanliness of the room... Down side NO air and it was close to 100 outside... Tried to call the desk but no answer... When I told the man when we checked out he didn't seem to concerned. Don't think we'll be going back ever!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jill B
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you found the rooms clean and spacious. I’m sorry that the air conditioning was malfunctioning, however. I’m sure we could have moved you to a different room. In any case, I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short of your expectations and hope you will reconsider and try us again if ever in the area again.

Danville, California
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I made a reservation at this motel, because it had a pool, which my grandchildren would enjoy. Guess what, the pool was closed due to 'maintenance issues'. I asked for a 10% discount, but no: I paid for the room. the pool was free.

Also, parking is awkward; a long walk from the car to the room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Mercator123456
piguy420
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The alternator to my car gave out at night while I was on I-5 N. Luckily there was this Econolodge I was able to pull into for the night. The clerk gave me room 211. The room was clean, however, the T.V. did not work, the heater made loud noises, and the wireless internet did not work either. I told the clerk about the room and he replies "What do you want to do?" Seriously, I thought, isn't it obvious? So I told him I want another room and he gave it to me, room 211. This room was much better and had a balcony, but the wireless internet did not work here either. The next morning I was able to use the wireless internet at the lobby, but it was extremely slow. I checked out and I had my car out in the parking lot positioned in a way so that the tow truck can load it easily, but at the same time I was taking two parking spaces in an empty parking lot. Because of this, the clerk called the cops on me. When the police arrived, I simply told him I was waiting for a tow truck and he left me alone. The nerve of that clerk to call the cops on me when I had just checked out. So don't stay at this motel, just keep going north to the next exit where you will find a Motel 6 and a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Although they are from 2011, I’m sorry that your experience with us was not better. We sincerely apologize that we did not provide a better experience, and we assure you that every aspect of this property has changed and improved since then. I hope you will try us again if the need arises.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorman
Motel 6 Lebec
Best Western Liberty Inn
Castaic Inn
Castaic Inn
#1 of 3 in Castaic

Been to Studio 6 Gorman? Share your experiences!