“230AM”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
Joliet, Illinois
“230AM”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Everything was perfect. The breakfast set a new standard - everything I like was there. Hot was hot and cold was cold. My brother heard how good the breakfast was so he came over from another inferior hotel to join us. You just can not beat Best Western. We wouldn't stay anywhere else when we travel. Thank You for a great experience and reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank 470earlp
Teniah M, Manager at Best Western Gold Country Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-273-1393.

BEST WESTERN Gold Country Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was overcharged on my credit card by over 10 dollars at this hotel. When I called the hotel to let them know, the manager Hamid Kazemi told me that they usually charge 120+ per room and I was wrong.The manager Hamid Kazemi not there during check in where I had my Kayak app open to show them they were overcharging and they matched the Kayak rate. Then almost one week later, they charge me 12 dollars higher. I have never dealt with a more unprofessional manager. Hamid Kazemi should be ashamed of himself.
This hotel is shady! This hotel is way overpriced. The breakfast was terrible and the manager is an aggressive peon! He said he was going to give me 7 dollars back on my credit card on 03-14.
I am going to wait and see and then will be reporting this hotel to corporate.
Do not stay here! Terribile experience!

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you want to overpay for a crappy experience! Most unprofessional manager I h...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Gabriel V
Teniah M, Manager at Best Western Gold Country Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
The guest called the hotel and said that he was a traveling musician and that he had a very good stay at the hotel. Guest never complained about any issues during his stay at Best Western Gold Country and was in fact was very complimentary. Unfortunately we believe this guest has got his facts wrong and his survey not worth trusting.

Travellers are raving about these Grass Valley hotels

auburn, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The young man at the front desk was very kind. He let my family check in early. My mother in law was in the hospital there so we had to stay in town. The Lobby was very nice and room was also very clean. The TV in our room was nice but the channels were like snow. Staff was very friendly and helpful to try to fix the issue. The breakfast was pretty good. Customer Service I received after my stay by the manager was great. He offered me a discount on my next stay because of the experience we had so I guess it's Worth another shot !

Room Tip: 138 was I great room large and has a kitchenette
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linette R
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We apologize for the inconvenience of the television. We are currently working to make sure all of our T.V.'s get better signal.

Benicia, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

It was nice to find a Best Western most anywhere we end up traveling. I was able to use my guest points at this time and ended up paying nothing for the room. The trip was unexpected in that we were unfortunately attending a funeral at the time. The hotel and rooms were average and was what would be expected (i.e., clean but nothing fancy). There were many shops and restaurants within walking distance which made it that much nicer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Nancy J
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-273-1393.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great check in Customer Service experience, great bed, a little over priced for week day stays but overall a good experience. Nice grounds, convenient location, nice TV, good breakfast and ok price. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and with the California Highway Patrol right next door this hotel is safe and secure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Michael L

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at. Lobby is very clean and rooms were very clean as well. Staff were very friendly and breakfast was pretty good. Right off the freeway but set back far enough that road noise was not an issue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank sacju

Sonoma, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is a nice hotel although like lots of hotels near freeways there is noise from traffic. Across the street is a nice restaurant for breakfast & lunch, plus a shopping center. It's inbetween Grass Valley and Nevada City which is nice for tourists.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Best Western Golden Key
Holbrooke Hotel
Holbrooke Hotel
#5 of 10 in Grass Valley

Been to Best Western Gold Country Inn? Share your experiences!