“Great place for you and your dog” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Gold Country Inn

BEST WESTERN Gold Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
California
“Great place for you and your dog”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Best Western Gold Country Inn, in Grass Valley CA is an excellent choice if you are seeking a moderately priced, conveniently located hotel that welcomes pets. Our room was modestly appointed but spacious and comfortable for both us and our Standard Poodle. There is a nice grassy area for the dogs and a small pool for people.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HAMID K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gold Country Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-273-1393.

Hamid Kazemi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Grass Valley, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay and the grandchildren and they loved the pool! The kids enjoyed the breakfast and yummy afternoon cookies. The location was perfect for our stay and we plan to visit soon. The staff was friendly and very helpful

NorCal, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed 1 night in June 2014 along with many other people attending a wedding. I found a small, clean hotel with a small but adequate pool and spa and friendly staff who made check-in/check-out a breeze. More than met my needs.

Bear in mind, Grass Valley is a small town and you won't find a Sheraton, Hilton, etc here. If that's your usual level of hotel, temper your expectations. No luxury or perks here, but you will get a clean and comfortable room attended by friendly staff. That's good enough for me. I didn't eat the continental breakfast, but did try the diner across the street which served diner fare which was tasty enough.

One oddity... I called to reserve a room and was told none were available (multiple wedding parties had reserved room blocks). Immediately thereafter I booked a room on Travelocity. Not sure what the discrepancy was, but the room was waiting for me when I arrived, so no harm no foul.

This hotel isn't luxurious but it met my expectations and then some. Its probably more like a 3.5/5 but I'm rounding up based on the good experience. Stay here with confidence.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This BW is an older hotel. It is very clean and quiet, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast was very good with many choices. The beds need to be updated and the bath/shower room is very small. Beautiful area and quiet setting.

Tiburon, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Perfectly decent hotel for an out of town overnight or two. Not fancy but clean and comfortable. Nice staff. Allows pets and has a small pool. Breakfast is included. Plenty of choices for breakfast. Well located for our purposes and is set in a nice grove of trees. Near many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was moving my daughter from South Lake to Washington. I have always been a fan of Best Westerns but this was more than I expected. We were traveling with a blue nose pit bull and need a pet friendly hotel. Our room was very comfortable and clean. It had a sliding glass door that went out back to a manicured lawn for your pets. The staff was very friendly and the continental breakfast was good. Eggs, bacon/sausage, waffles, yogurt, cereal, it was all the yummy breakfast treats.

If your traveling with pets, don't hesitate to stay here. Well worth it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Monterey, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

When I called to changed dates I was quoted the same rate as our original reservation, but when I arrived our rate had been raised. Had to wait until Monday to contact manager, as only he could refund the overcharge. He refused and apologized for his employees error. Come again and I will give you a discount he said. Don't think I will stay here ever again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MaryMaryQQ
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-273-1393.

BEST WESTERN Gold Country Inn

#6 of 10 in Grass Valley
Sierra Mountain Inn
Sierra Mountain Inn
#2 of 10 in Grass Valley

Been to BEST WESTERN Gold Country Inn? Share your experiences!