“Dirty and run down”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Dirty and run down”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We booked online without checking it out first with Tripadvisor. Won't ever do that again.This place is run down and dirty. The towels hanging up in the bathroom had black marks where someone had once cleaned their shoes, but the management failed to wash them properly to get the dirt out. Everything you read in the other reviews is right on the mark. Worst place I've ever stayed in. Sleeping in our car would've been better.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NextDestination77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Francisco
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed here for a wedding a few weeks ago because there was a huge music festival and my choices were this place or a very pricey B and B. I should have splurged on the B and B. Where shall I start? I had to go down the street to another motel to get registered and get the key. When I got to the motel, there was no number on my door. The bathroom had mold, the lamp was broken (as in, the shade was torn and sitting on the nightstand). The paint and walls were peeling and the air conditioner was deafening. I got up early, packed my things, and fled. I'd have done better camping, but I didn't bring my gear. This place should literally be closed by the health department. It was abominable and cost $72. It may have been worth $27, tops.

Room Tip: There was no pool, no service, no fitness center (lol), no anything. I did have photos but I deleted...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank wrdpntr
Millbrae, California
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We booke online, did not check them out first. Dirty filthy place with constant drug activity and managers fighting, Dirty room and bedding. Wi-fi worked to help us escape and find a Bed & Breakfast in Grass Valley. The 5 hours we were there was like being in a horror movie. It is a Scid Row Motel but worse..

Room Tip: Check out feed backs before you book.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pat g
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 25 August 2011

our room was nice and clean, tv cable an wyfi worked. the hosekeepers were also friendly! the morning breakfast was good as well. i would go back for sure! and bring my hole family! its great.

Room Tip: 118 is great, so is 106 , well these were the rooms i stayed in
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jennifer s
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Despite the terrible reviews, I chose to stay here on a business trip tp keep my spending down, and I am glad I did, the room was clean and quite, a typical free continental breakfast, the staff was very helpful, they were helpfull printed out directions for me and tips on good local places to eat. I booked another stay there before I left for my next business trip, over look the reviews if you want to save a buck it is not nearly as bad as the reviews said

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank hubbah
Novato,
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Had to ask for toilet paper, the bathroom sink was plugged up, blanket on bed had cigarette burns and a knife cut in it, room smelled STRONGLY of cigarette smoke, no maid service, carpet was filthy dirty and stained, ashtrays filled with cigarette butts were sitting outside most of the rooms and on top of the coke machine, no coat hangers in rooms (even after we requested some), person at front desk had no idea about how to work the air conditioner in our room. A terrible place to stay!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank autoharpNovato
california
Reviewed 18 October 2009

this was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in my life.
We checked in late and the clerk was not even coherent..
Rooms were clean enough but bed hard , sheets scratchy brought my own pillow and blanket..It was creepy staying there. Smelled of smoke People fighting ,people yelling during the night. Trying to check out the same clerk had trouble running my credit card and ran it 7 times .. My friend decided to pay with cash.. well need I say more. Would not stay there again if you PAID ME TO.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
#3 of 5 in Nevada City
Broad Street Inn
Broad Street Inn
#2 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Stagecoach Motel? Share your experiences!