“Don't stay here EVER”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
Auburn, Washington
“Don't stay here EVER”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Check in went fast. After that I could not get any help from management. All the plugs in the room don't work. Every time I turned a light on the plug would fall out of the socket. And had to plug my cell phone in in the bathroom. They don't offer a phone in the room because they choose to not pay for the service and I had to sleep with my knife under my pillow because of all the drug traffic that was going until midnight. I felt very UNSAFE. My remote control didn't work either. I camp in the wild all the time and have always felt safe but not at this hotel. They gave me a refrigerator but no plug for it. This place has drug clients that just live there and deal drugs. This place is a real joke. Any one who gave them a 5 rating must be on Crack or doesn't know good from bad.

Room Tip: Ask questions, lots of them and you get what you pay for some times and make sure they don't put...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank 271traveler01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
La Verne
Reviewed 27 September 2013

When we first pulled into the place we felt we had driven into the local flop house with rooms to rent by the hour. Had a tarp over a section of the roof, old mattress stacked along the street side. Upon walking into the office we were greeted very nicely by a wonderful woman with a great sense of humor. We had arrived much earlier than expected and our rooms were not ready yet. The woman we were dealing with made us feel like we were job number one and moved the entire cleaning staff around to get our three rooms done. Really nice. Still wondering what the rooms would be like. Upon entering we found them to be very clean and basic rooms. Some had been remodeled with a theme which was a good touch considering how the place looked from the outside. The rooms were quite. A bit worn and torn. We felt it was over priced for what we were getting but it worked for a night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mans265
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 August 2013

An unclean "non smoking" room. Overpriced. My preference is to stay in locally owned places but this was a bad choice. I would recommend finding a different place.

The location is ok but not walkable to Grass Valley's cute downtown

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank cyclinjohn

Travellers are raving about these Grass Valley hotels

Santa Rosa, California, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This place was horribly overpriced. Had to stay locally for a memorial service and didn't want to spend the money on a B&B. This was about my only option close to the event and it was over $100 a night (ouch!)

Listed as a non-smoking room but definitely had had smokers in it--my clothing smelled even when I got home. Facility old, several things broken or not working properly (including front door which you had to jam to close, phone, which I couldn't even use to call front desk--had to use my cell phone, and light on landing at top of stairs was broken so we couldn't see to get into the room.) All bedding was old and the whole room smelled musty and smoky.

Breakfast consisted of some cereals and fruit that looked like they had picked it off local trees. Lady at front desk was not very friendly and we got to listen to her religious program through the window while we had our breakfast.

I would have felt I spent too much paying $60 a night in this place, but $100 was highway robbery! Do yourself a favor and choose someplace--anyplace--else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Caren P
Spring Creek, Nevada
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Holiday Lodge in May. They were most accomodating and Dawn Olson was a wonderful hostess. Though it is an older property, I thought for the price of the room, we could not have found better accomodations in Grass Valley. Value for the price was outstanding. Enjoyed our stay immensely and will stay there everytime I go to my hometown. Thanks to all the wonderful staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
El Cerrito, California
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I called to say it would be a late check-in and was told that late check-in meant by 7:00 pm. They finally agreed to leave a key for me. Walked into our room and it was like an ash tray. Smelled awful, inspite of the No Smoking sign on the door. Gave us another room. After removing the pubic hair from one of the pillows, and the oatmeal from the sink, we adjusted. Room definitely needed updating. One of the worst "low price" places I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Pat F
Reviewed 4 March 2013

In need of some major remodeling. The receptionist was nice, room was old. I took a glass out of the sanitized bag & it had cigarette ashes in it. The bathroom was gross. It seemed clean but was so old. & stained. Blankets were worn & torn. Big plastic sheets on the roof with sand bags holding it down. I couldn't wait to check out. Price was high for such a run down place

• Stayed March 2013
Northern Queen Inn
Northern Queen Inn
#4 of 5 in Nevada City
Best Western Golden Key

Been to Holiday Lodge? Share your experiences!