Coach N Four Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Stagecoach Motel(Grass Valley)
View Hotel
Gold Miners Inn(Grass Valley)
Holbrooke Hotel(Grass Valley)
View Hotel
Sierra Mountain Inn(Grass Valley)
Holiday Lodge(Grass Valley)
View Hotel
Nevada City Inn(Nevada City)
View Hotel
Northern Queen Inn(Nevada City)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This place deserves ZERO stars.
THERE IS BLOOD ON THE WALLS INSIDE THE ROOMS (please see attached photographs)
I would not recommend that ANYONE stay at this motel. It is a wretched, pathetic excuse for a business, and the owners should be ASHAMED of keeping this place open. I seriously cannot even put into words how amazingly DISGUSTING it is.

- We found SEVERAL blood stains on the walls inside our motel room (some of which were next to the headboard of the bed).
- Also found an 8-inch serrated knife underneath the bench outside our room.
- And the door to the room next to us also showed signs of a serious break-in. The lock and surrounding wood had been entirely kicked-in at one point, and simply glued back into place.

The staff was entirely unhelpful and CHARGED ME FOR THREE NIGHTS even though I only stayed there for ONE NIGHT (out of the three that I had reserved). I explained the reasons why I felt unsafe in their room and wanted to cancel my remaining two nights of reservation, but they attempted to blame the situation on me????? Not only is having blood inside the rooms a health violation (and frankly this establishment should be under investigation), they charged my card for those two extra nights without my consent.

This place should be shut down. It is an absolute disgrace that this place is even in business - it is disgusting, revolting, DISHONEST and just overall TRASH.

Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. Honestly. No matter how cheap it is, your safety should always come first.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Michelleswork B
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is the dirtiest, filthiest motel we have ever encountered in some "50 plus years". The bed had a large hole 6" X 6" at the left corner and appeared to have teeth marks made by rodents. It was noisy and you could not move without loud irratating sounds . The mattress "really" looked like the Motel owner had picked it up "along side the road or at a dump site". Pubic hair was found everywhere, in the sink, toilet and especially the drain in the shower. Heater didn't work (our stay was on a cold rainy evening in October 2012 - Winter), T.V. didn't work, Dust and dirt everwhere and the room needed paint desperately. Sickening smell of someones vomit and a very strong odor of cigarettes permeated a NON/SMOKING Room. Spider webs throughout the room and a coffee pot that was highly stained and unwashed. Management "UNPROFESSIONAL" in every way. This Motel needs Fire and Health Inspectors to investigate. This place should have their licence pulled and removed from the business. It must be the maids year off! This is truly a "SKID ROW MOTEL"! We stayed only one hour and could not believe this was for real! I have pictures, but unable to download!

Room Tip: Don't use hotels.com They do no inspections and only want your business. Unable to download photos. Explain how and i will be glad to comply.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We made several calls as we approached the area and found hotels sold out or very expensive. The Coach N Four had rooms available, a bit off the beaten path, at reasonable price so we opted to take a look.

The room is dated and there were some mold issues in the bathroom. However carpet seemed new, beds were solid, and the room seemed as clean as could be managed short of a remodel. Without other options nearby, we booked it.

Unlike other commentators, our room has a light in the bathroom and shower, and curtains, but I do agree the towels could stand an upgrade, as could the climate control system.

All in all this is budget offering and is just barley acceptable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I'm generally a happy traveler and have little bad to say about most h/motels, but this was an exception. It's an old, motor lodge, but there was a festival in town, so there was nothing else. First, when we checked in, our curtains were missing from the only window, which faced an alley. Not a huge deal, except Saturday was our sleep in day and the window faces east. They've done what they can, but the decor was tired and worn. The room was clean, but the A/C was SUPER loud and the bathroom was a shower with a toilet in it. I think it was intended to be ADA compliant, except that you could never fit a wheelchair through the narrow door (which didn't close). The sheets didn't fit the bed and kept coming off and the bed, while generally comfortable (to sit on) was as hard as plywood. There are people that live in the motel too (again fine), except their idea of a Saturday night doesn't fit the average hotel guest... we had to get up early. I think management should put all the longer-term residents together instead of spreading them out and create a motel section, separate. It wasn't terrible, but I hope I never have to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The service is great. Everyone is real friendly. My children where treat very good. I love this motel and we will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011