“Great Stuff Mainard” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nevada City, CA
“Great Stuff Mainard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Caroline's French/Italian is my daily Black Plasma. I like it well enough to serve it to my B&B guests. A little pricey but my guests are worth it.
Micheal Trenberth Owner- Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B

Visited July 2014

Sacramento, California
“Excellent coffee that couldn't be fresher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

There are lots of coffee joints in this area. Caroline's is, to the best of my knowledge, the only one that imports and roasts its own coffee in bulk. You can get Caroline's coffee at several restaurants and supermarkets in the community, but their coffee joint is the best place to go for the freshest most flavorful coffee in town. We don't drink coffee after breakfast more than a couple of times a year, but we like to take friends here and they all love the coffee. When we do drink coffee, it's just that - coffee - no shots, no candy flavors, no whipped cream. Just good strong coffee with a dribble of cream or a froth of steamed milk.

The counter serves the drinks and some pastries, mostly indifferent in taste and too sweet for me. There's also a section with a nice selection of coffee and tea gear, like mugs, pots, grinders, brewers, and so on. A good selection of exotic and familiar teas, a few chocolate bars, and some tables to enjoy it all at - that's about 70% of the space. The rest is taken up by the bulk roasters. I'm sure Starbucks has bigger ones, but this is a single stand-alone local place, so the size of their equipment is impressive.

We love their Sumatra Mandheling Dark Roast and buy it at Caroline's or one of the local supermarkets for which Caroline's roasts and packages their beans.

We try to keep our business local, but also require a really superior cup of coffee. Those two criteria don't always work well together, but in this case, they do. We haven't had better coffee anywhere.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Grass Valley, California
“My favorite coffee joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is my go too place for fresh roasted beans, and the best cup of coffee in town. Love the White mocha with a shot of raspberry topped with some whip! Yum :)

Visited May 2014
Palm Desert, California
“Try the "Main Street" Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Dining at a restaurant on Main Street, I couldn't stop drinking the fabulous coffee! Inquired and learned it is a special blend prepared at Caroline's. Stopped and purchased several pounds to take home with me. Excellent! Nice service, friendly help.

Visited October 2013