“A lovely stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
San Diego, California
“A lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed over the Christmas holiday. Had a nice room slightly separate from the main inn, which was very cosy and quiet. Microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, hot water kettle, plus wine glasses and opener. Good walking distance from town - just right for a little morning walk. Everything clean and well-appointed. Would stay here anytime!

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Traveled to Grass Valley for a concert and stayed at this hotel. The rooms were very nice, it's a quaint cottage type hotel. Had a small frig, coffee maker and wine glasses which all came in handy. They also allow dogs which is always nice to know. Wish it was closer to town but you could walk down the hill but would be a hike back up. Our room was a little too close to the road so ask for a room back from the road.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

The Sierra Mt. Inn was perfect plce to stay during our Thanksgiving family gathering in Grass Valley, California. We had a really nice room with good space and it's own kitchenette. Everything very clean with personal touches. Warm greeting from the owners added to the welcome feeling.

Central location is great for visit to the gold rush country. A bit outside of town adds to quiet country feel. It's walking (or short driving) distance from down town Grass Valley which made for great access to historic town during street fair.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

The Sierra Mountain Inn is just close enough to walk and enjoy downtown. They were very accommodating and took great care to make sure I had everything I needed. I agree, the room was clean and had every thing I needed. Great room, beautiful town, I really couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: Check the rooms out online first. I had room No. 1. It's quite spacious and well-worth the pri...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

We loved this place and will stay here again! We reserved the "Cottage" which was an adorable stand alone unit that had a one bedroom and kitchen. It's the perfect suite that provides privacy and the capacity to live like you always do just away from home!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ChristopherWalling
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed one night, the rooms are very clean and tidy and after I'd gotten my kid to bed it was nice to sit out at the table in the yard and relax. I think the pictures on their site show the rooms clearly, they are small but I think quite reasonable for the price and there was a coffee maker and a mini fridge and the bathroom had obviously been recently re-done. I was happy with my experience and would stay there again ~

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Grass Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sierra Mountain Inn, out of necessity not choice. However, I was so pleasantly surprised at the simple and inviting decor and the clean condition of the room. We only stayed one night in the only room they had left which was actually two rooms with 2 bathrooms and a separate entrance, a kitchenette with decent little fridge, micro, coffee, dishes, bar seating w/stools. Kitchenette and bathrooms were both marble tile details. The staff was friendly and seemed only appreciative not defensive about my one and ONLY criticism which was the bed. It looked very inviting with soft pillowy comforter, but was rather stiff and uncomfortable. If they improve the beds this would be my go to destination for visiting family and my own overnite getaways with my honey :) They are right next to a busy road in town, but evening traffic is negligeable and did not keep me from getting to sleep, in the am was a little busy traffic but the earplugs I always keep on my nightstand fix that. Since the comfort of the bed is so critical to me I give them a 4 out of 5, but if this is improved they so surpass a 5 out of 5! I live in this town so am hopeful that they will only improve and I will be able to recommend further business as well as be a repeat visitor myself.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children room 8 would be perfect for you. It has a queen in main room wit...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jennifer G
, General Manager at Sierra Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank You Jennifer for your response it was a pleasure having your family visit us and I really enjoyed talking with you while you were here, I was so happy to hear you have been here 30 years and have seen the incredible transformation the owners Phillip and Ginni Green put into making this lovely little Inn a perfect getaway. We look forward to your next visit with us, And feel free to just drop by and say hi. sincerely Trish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grass Valley
Holbrooke Hotel
Holbrooke Hotel
#6 of 10 in Grass Valley
BEST WESTERN Golden Key

Been to Sierra Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!