“Quaint Slice of Heaven”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
Grants Pass
“Quaint Slice of Heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

As a single traveler this trip, choosing to stay at Sierra Mtn Inn was perfect, comfortable & very safe. The grounds are well maintained as are the rooms. Phil & Jeannie take pride & it shows. Whatever you need, if any, they are always there to make your stay pleasant. Comfy beds & pillows, very clean kitchenettes & appliances. For being on one of the Main streets of the area, you can rest assured of a good nights sleep. Absolutely worth a return visit! Good job, Great prices, Personable Hosts & most of all the proof is in the pudding...book your next visit to historic Grass Valley with Sierra Mountain Inn. You'll be glad you did...I am!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

I have stayed two different times and both rooms were decorated very tastefully and felt so welcoming. It's a very nice place to stay and you are treated as family there.
I will go back as often as I can!!

• Stayed April 2013
Watsonville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Blend a visit to Grass Valley and Nevada City in the Sierra Nevada Foothills with the comfort, charm, and exceptional hospitality at the Sierra Mountain Inn and you have the perfect smoothie. We stayed in Room 8, which had 2 bedrooms each with its own bathroom, a kitchenette complete with cups, wine glasses, bowls, plates,quality silverware, refrigerator, microwave, and a mini-bar with marble counter top. The rooms were exceptionally clean and had a delightful freshness. The husband-wife management team of Phil and Ginni was the frosting on the cake. They were warm, friendly, enthusiastic, and supportive. My wife, daughter, and I enjoyed our stay immensely, and we are already planning to return next month.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

This quiet, off the beaten path, litte gem is really only a 6-8 minute walk away from downtown. Perfect for a before or after dinner stroll amongst the towns amazing collection of original victorian homes. The big hotel are always in a busy location and have particle board rooms. At the Sierra Mountain Inn. the rooms are quiet, spotless, modern, and the beds are very comfortable. We frequent the area to visit family, and will always stay there! We have found our home away from home! Not only the best rooms and location, but the best value also!! Matt Ernst & Gloria Svean, Reno NV 4/4/2013

• Stayed March 2013
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Being an active duty military family, as you can imagine we move around a lot! My family has recently been stationed to Beale AFB, in Northern California. My husband is currently deployed out of country, so this move, fell on me and our 11 year old daughter. Having to move across the country, with our daughter, without my husband here to help, was very scary for me.
After researching the area, we knew Grass Valley was where we wanted to call home. So that's where I began. First things first, we needed a hotel upon arrival. I looked around at what Grass Valley had to offer my family and found a beautiful, quaint, little hotel within walking distance of downtown. Sierra Mountain Inn. I called to book a room for my daughter and I, and spoke to Joe. Joe was extremely nice and helpful, giving me all sorts of information on just about everything! When we arrived, it was late in the evening, this is when I met Trish, Joe's beautiful wife. Trish already knew how far we had traveled and how exhausted we were. Trish was AMAZING! She made us feel as if we were at home. She was so loving and kind to us. we had booked a small room, but because of how long we were going to be staying, she gave us the cottage instead.The cottage was bigger than the room we had booked, Trish knew I had my little girl with me and kindly thinking of her, Trish knew the cottage would give my daughter more space to play.Trish walked us all the to the cottage, went in ahead of us, checked under the bed and in the closets for "monsters" just to make my daughter feel comfortable. She then turned on the heat for us and turned down our beds. She all but tucked us in. And I am sure she would have done that too, had we asked. After getting us settled in, Trish hugged both me and my little girl goodnight. Trish made us feel like family and made our stay feel just like home. The cottage was beautiful! The bed was so cozy and warm, extremely comfortable. The bathroom was huge and all beautifully tiled. It had a huge mirror and lots of counter space, for two girls to get dressed with all our girl stuff everywhere. The living room and kitchen were just perfect for us. Lots of room for my daughter to play, and me to kick back and relax. We had a comfy couch and a coffee table to play games and color. The kitchen had everything we needed. Table and chairs, fridge with freezer, microwave, stove, oven, coffee pot, wine glasses. All the things needed to take care of a child. It really was just like home. I know many hotels have the same things, but what made this different, was Trish and Joe! They truly went above and beyond the norm for us. They made us feel, not just at home, but at home with family. When it was time for us to leave, we were truly kinda sad to be moving on. We left knowing that we will never stay any where else, in Grass Valley. Only the Sierra Mountain Inn for the Tyler family. We also left knowing we had made two new wonderful friends, that we now call family and will keep in our hearts forever, no matter where the military takes us next. Their names are Joe and Trish. This was a beautiful, quiet and comfortable stay for my family. I can't wait for a reason to go back and stay again. Thank you Trish and Joe for all you do to make our stay, feel just like home!

Room Tip: we stayed in the cottage, but I did love the room we had originally booked, it was beautiful! ( I th...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed over the Christmas holiday. Had a nice room slightly separate from the main inn, which was very cosy and quiet. Microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, hot water kettle, plus wine glasses and opener. Good walking distance from town - just right for a little morning walk. Everything clean and well-appointed. Would stay here anytime!

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Traveled to Grass Valley for a concert and stayed at this hotel. The rooms were very nice, it's a quaint cottage type hotel. Had a small frig, coffee maker and wine glasses which all came in handy. They also allow dogs which is always nice to know. Wish it was closer to town but you could walk down the hill but would be a hike back up. Our room was a little too close to the road so ask for a room back from the road.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
#6 of 10 in Grass Valley
Broad Street Inn
Broad Street Inn
#2 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Sierra Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!