“Clean, convenient Inn”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
California
“Clean, convenient Inn”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I just stayed here this past weekend. We were in the area for the Victorian Christmas festival in the neighboring city of Nevada City. The Sierra Mountain Inn is conveniently located a short walk from Grass Valley's downtown shopping area. We stayed in room 12, located in the back of the property, which is a quiet location, next to a beautiful redwood tree. We found the room to be charming and very clean. We were helped by two different people at the front desk, and both were very friendly and welcoming.

There is nothing fancy about this place, so if that's what you are looking for, stay elsewhere. The only downfall we could think of was that the bed was a bit on the soft side.

If you want a convenient, clean and friendly atmosphere, this place is for you! We loved how close it was located to all the restaurants and shops, and would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Room 12 is located in the back of the property, away from the road... it was a quiet location.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yelenamarin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rocklin, California
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This renovated motor court is set among charming Victorians and cottages just uphill from shopping and restaurants. Clean, quiet rooms with kitchenettes. My husband and I enjoyed meeting Phil, the owner, who was managing the motel during our mid-week anniversary getaway. He provided recommendations for hikes and restaurants and gave us a history of the motel. Grass Valley is beautiful in the fall with hiking and biking opportunities. We'd definitely stop again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
sierramountaininn, Owner at Sierra Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I love it when we can make our guests stay here more pleasant. Please come again there are lots more bike trips ,hikes and things to do.
san francisco, ca
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This summer I had an out of town guest with some mobility issues that precluded her from staying in my Victorian home. I looked at four other local hotels and found none had rooms that were really suitable. I called the Sierra Mountain Inn and went over to investigate their room #10, which was perfect. The shower had a low threshold and although the main bedroom (there are two) was spacious my friend didn't have to navigate across a crowded room in the dark to reach the bathroom. The rooms were light, airy, well decorated and immaculate. There was a small kitchen area so that she could make a cup of tea and rest in the afternoon. My friend was comfortable, and I had peace of mind that she was safe and happily situated. I will put up any and all out-of-towners at the Sierra Mountain Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jackie200794
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have stayed here twice and both visits have been wonderful. The owners are very accommodating and pleasant to work with. The rooms are extremely clean, comfortable, and well appointed. This seems to be a popular place so calling ahead for reservations is highly recommended. I will stay here again when I'm in the Grass Valley area.

Room Tip: The cottage and Room 12 are both very quiet and private.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our two night stay at the Sierra Mountain Inn was super. The Inn is an older motor courtish motel, reconditioned, newly appointed, and very clean. From check in to check out, there were no surprises and we thought it a very good value. We will definitely stay there again if we ever get the chance to return to Grass Valley.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The Sierra Mountain Inn is a great place to stay in Grass Valley. Our room was spacious, well furnished and quiet with a kitchenette. We received a wonderful welcome when we walked in the office, and later information about the city and the surrounding area. The Inn is a few blocks north of the down town area. It was unfortunate that we were there for only one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Oakland, Ca.
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Sierra Mountain Inn is just right for a few nights.

The rooms from #1 to #6 are motel style . The walls are extremely thin. I could hear everything ,and I mean everything from the room next door !
The rooms are small ,but okay for one or two people.

If I go back I would definitely ask for a room as far from the street as possible as West Main is quite busy.

The owners are friendly and helpful.

The area in front is pretty and a nice place to relax with a book.

The price was reasonable.

As I say---- okay for two or three nights.

Room Tip: Get a room towards back of property.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
#5 of 10 in Grass Valley
Broad Street Inn
Broad Street Inn
#2 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Sierra Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!