“GREAT PLACE, GREAT PEOPLE”

Sierra Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
Reviewed 25 June 2014

It was just me so the 2 ladies on reception put me in the Cottage, when I opened the door it was like walking into an Aunts house, everything slick and span, but not clinically so.

The room was equipped with everything, china mugs make such a difference, plenty of cutlery, everything you're likely to need, good WiFi too, a must these days

The bed was so comfortable I slept like a log, the location is just on the outskirts of oldtown so a quiet place

The ladies in reception were very helpful and knowledgeable, they saved the day a couple of times

I wish everywhere could be as good as this

Room Tip: Every room is differently themed with variations in the accommodation, all excellent rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Paleface07
sierramountaininn, Owner at Sierra Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you had such a great time here and hope you will return to this wonderful place again . we love it here and enjoy helping our guest get the most out of the area .

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Clean and comfortable. I love having a kitchen when I stay somewhere. Close to town, easy walk to shops and restaurants. I would stay here again and will probably return to explore the area again. There is a lot to see.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracy318
sierramountaininn, Owner at Sierra Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review. This helps us so much. We are glad you enjoyed your room with the kitchen. only some of our rooms have kitchens so next time you book make sure you ask for one. Thanks again hope to see you soon
Sierra Mountain Inn
816 West Main
Grass Valley, Ca 530-273-8133

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I just stayed here this past weekend. We were in the area for the Victorian Christmas festival in the neighboring city of Nevada City. The Sierra Mountain Inn is conveniently located a short walk from Grass Valley's downtown shopping area. We stayed in room 12, located in the back of the property, which is a quiet location, next to a beautiful redwood tree. We found the room to be charming and very clean. We were helped by two different people at the front desk, and both were very friendly and welcoming.

There is nothing fancy about this place, so if that's what you are looking for, stay elsewhere. The only downfall we could think of was that the bed was a bit on the soft side.

If you want a convenient, clean and friendly atmosphere, this place is for you! We loved how close it was located to all the restaurants and shops, and would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Room 12 is located in the back of the property, away from the road... it was a quiet location.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yelenamarin
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This renovated motor court is set among charming Victorians and cottages just uphill from shopping and restaurants. Clean, quiet rooms with kitchenettes. My husband and I enjoyed meeting Phil, the owner, who was managing the motel during our mid-week anniversary getaway. He provided recommendations for hikes and restaurants and gave us a history of the motel. Grass Valley is beautiful in the fall with hiking and biking opportunities. We'd definitely stop again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
sierramountaininn, Owner at Sierra Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for the nice review. I love it when we can make our guests stay here more pleasant. Please come again there are lots more bike trips ,hikes and things to do.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This summer I had an out of town guest with some mobility issues that precluded her from staying in my Victorian home. I looked at four other local hotels and found none had rooms that were really suitable. I called the Sierra Mountain Inn and went over to investigate their room #10, which was perfect. The shower had a low threshold and although the main bedroom (there are two) was spacious my friend didn't have to navigate across a crowded room in the dark to reach the bathroom. The rooms were light, airy, well decorated and immaculate. There was a small kitchen area so that she could make a cup of tea and rest in the afternoon. My friend was comfortable, and I had peace of mind that she was safe and happily situated. I will put up any and all out-of-towners at the Sierra Mountain Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jackie200794
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have stayed here twice and both visits have been wonderful. The owners are very accommodating and pleasant to work with. The rooms are extremely clean, comfortable, and well appointed. This seems to be a popular place so calling ahead for reservations is highly recommended. I will stay here again when I'm in the Grass Valley area.

Room Tip: The cottage and Room 12 are both very quiet and private.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our two night stay at the Sierra Mountain Inn was super. The Inn is an older motor courtish motel, reconditioned, newly appointed, and very clean. From check in to check out, there were no surprises and we thought it a very good value. We will definitely stay there again if we ever get the chance to return to Grass Valley.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
#6 of 10 in Grass Valley
Northern Queen Inn
Northern Queen Inn
#5 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Sierra Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!