“Just ok”

Cuisines: Indian
Grass Valley, CA
“Just ok”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Food is OK, not much in the way of atmosphere. The tables and chaors are low end and appear to be what was left behind by the previous tenant which was a fish and chips place. Not much in the way of a remodel is what I am getting at.

San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
“Some great surprises not on the menu”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My girlfriend and I live nearby, but had not quite gotten around to eating here - some other locals said it was OK but nothing special. We finally got our act together and met here for dinner late one evening ("late" is after 8:00 pm in Grass Valley). The restaurant was empty save for a small family, but we were hopped up about giving it a try because our gym is in the same building and when we work out we can smell the incredible curries and spices coming from their kitchen.

The staff was super accommodating and recommended the best Indian beers (they had about a dozen - far more than the usual two or three) and teas. In addition to the usual suspect dishes we were ready to order (naan, chicken tikki masala, etc.) they recommended an okra dish. I hadn't eaten it since living in Texas and could easily avoid its slippery gelatinous taste the rest of my life, but the waiter assured me it was very good. And it was, very fresh and perfectly grilled over flames. It was covered with a light curry rub, and we couldn't get enough of it.

We have since returned and tried several other dishes, but the okra is always there (we can't find it in any supermarkets though!) and consistently good. For a shopping mall restaurant India Oven is one of those hidden gems.

• Visited January 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“Excellent food...excellent service....I would definitely come back!”
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

We ordered chicken tikka masala and mango chicken...both were delicious as was the naan bread. Lots of food for the money...we came midweek and the restaurant was quiet...would come back again

Madrid, Spain
“Good Basic Food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Really like the food here. Waiters are friendly and helpful. I had brisket - my favorite. Good value, lots of food.

Visited January 2013
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Our favorite restaurant.”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I love the individual meals and the buffet. The booth seats are aging yet the food is worth it! We try to go monthly.

Visited December 2012